[Solved] Mouse release fails with use of Synergy

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
NicolasK

[Solved] Mouse release fails with use of Synergy

Post by NicolasK »

Hi all,

recently I upgraded my old VirtualBox installation from version 5.0.40 (via package manager) to the current 5.2.28 release (via download from virtualbox.org).

I detected a change to the mouse integration behaviour that highly impacts my work flow.

The system setup:

Host system:
  • Ubuntu Mate 16.04
  • VirtualBox 5.2.28 r121009
  • Two physical displays
  • Synergy server running, configured to use the laptop system's display (see below) on the left side of my two display screen
Guest system:
  • Windows 7
  • Running in two display windowed mode
Laptop system:
  • Synergy client running, receiving the mouse input from the right side of the display
What is Synergy?
This is an ethernet solution for using input devices from one system (Synergy server) on other systems as well (Synergy clients). This results in a desktop setup with three displays for me. The left display is connected to the laptop, the middle and right displays are connected to the VirtualBox host system. Keyboard and mouse can seamlessly be used across all three displays.

The problem:
The new VirtualBox version does not release the mouse cursor when moving the mouse out of the guest to the laptop display via Synergy. The mouse cursor gets stuck at the window border. When clicking around it gets released somewhen and the navigation to the laptop display can proceed. This problem persists when navigating the mouse to the mate panel first and moving the mouse on the panel to the laptop display. Everything works, when releasing the mouse manually via hotkey first.

Previous behaviour:
When moving the mouse from the guest system to the left side of the screen and then proceed moving to the left, it got seamlessly redirected to the Synergy client on the laptop and therefore was seamlessly displayed while moving to the laptop screen.

This problem affects the VirtualBox seamless mode as well. In this mode, it didn't worked in version 5.0.40 as well.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Nicolas

Update: Issue solved!

==> Disable the auto-capture option of VirtualBox! <==

Source: https://symless.com/forums/topic/2459-w ... ve-screen/