Right mouse dragging fails.

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
Tyranna

Right mouse dragging fails.

Post by Tyranna »

I am sure this has been addressed , and if so maybe you can point me to the proper posting...
otherwise, here is my story.

I have UBUNTU 16.04 Host with a Windows x86 guest.
I am running Guild Wars. 3d is installed.

The right-mouse dragging is failing. I know that when the cursor is on the screen at
any location, when you right mouse drag , the application sets the cursor position
to the center of the screen , makes it invisible , and then starts the dragging. As long as the button is held down,
the view is rotated while moving the mouse. When you lift up, the application resets the cursor
position to the original location. Both are supposed to happen without making a "move". What I think I am
seeing is Vbox is letting the mouse do MOVES to the center of the screen when you
hold the right mouse button down and MOVES to the original location when you release the mouse.
There is a lot of rapid spinning because there should be no data being sent. The cursor is supposed to teleport to
the center when the right mouse button is pressed, and then teleport back to the original location when released.
The farther away from the center the mouse cursor is when you hold and release, the more rapid the spinning is.

Hopefully someone who has already solved this will chime in.
Thanks.
Tyranna

Re: Right mouse dragging fails.

Post by Tyranna »

I also want to add that when the right mouse is depressed, the cursor is supposed to disappear.
In the Win7 32 guest, the pointer does not disappear.