Reinstalling win10 in virtualbox : win10 iso stalls

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
VirtualYerong

Reinstalling win10 in virtualbox : win10 iso stalls

Post by VirtualYerong »

I was trying to reinstall win10 in virtualbox Since my first win10 crashed But now the iso stalls at the very first screen, how I can fix this?

[Mod edit: screen stuck at Windows startup logo removed]

So basically the iso is not booting and I tried downloading another win10 iso and got a same issue. Other iso, as ubuntu 17.10 is working in virtualbox.
Last edited by socratis on 13. Feb 2018, 21:49, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary attachment, be more "green".
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Reinstalling win10 in virtualbox : win10 iso stalls

Post by socratis »

We're going to need to see a VM log from a complete VM run:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe error / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response (see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form).
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
VirtualYerong

Post by VirtualYerong »

Yes,thank yo so much for your reply.
Here is the zipped VBox.log:
win10-2018-02-13-14-19-15.log.zip
(18.83 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

VirtualBox VM 5.0.40_Ubuntu r115130 linux.amd64 (Nov  6 2017 17:41:59) release log
It looks like you're using the distro's fork version of VirtualBox. You can either ask in their forums for help, or completely remove/uninstall/delete/purge their version and install the official version from the Downloads section of VirtualBox (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads).

If that doesn't work you should try the latest test builds (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Testbuilds), especially with all the Spectre/Meltdown patches coming in from all sides.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
VirtualYerong

Post by VirtualYerong »

Yes, actually I prefered the latest version but I met RTR3InitEx failed with rc=-1912 (rc=-1912) error as decribed in this post: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=86740.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I trimmed your post. It is getting complicated if you ask in three different threads. So, since you opened a new thread specific to your installation problem, you replied to a thread that was already marked as [Solved] (please don't do that again), I had to trim this one, to stay on subject.

Let's solve the installation first, and then we continue here if we have to. But we got to keep the discussions clean, all right?