Virtualbox full screen

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
john.recy

Virtualbox full screen

Post by john.recy »

Hello,

I have recently upgraded to 5.2.6 on ubuntu, and since then, the full screen doesn't seem to be a complete full screen: there is a pixel on each side which is part of the host. This is a problem for my game, which requires the mouse to be at the edge of the screen. I think it's related to the bottom menu, which appears when the mouse remains on the bottom for 2 seconds. Is it possible to remove this menu (so that the only way to leave the full screen would be using the keyboard shortcuts), or to remove this 1 pixel edge ?

Thank you
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Virtualbox full screen

Post by socratis »

john.recy wrote:I have recently upgraded to 5.2.6 on ubuntu
From what? What if you downgrade?
john.recy wrote:there is a pixel on each side which is part of the host.
I don't think I've heard that before, but let's assume it to be so. Does this appear in all four sides? Because later on it seems that you focus on the bottom side only.
john.recy wrote:Is it possible to remove this menu
VM settings » User Interface » Mini Toolbar: uncheck the "Show in Full-screen/Seamless". See if that fixes it...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.