How to stop shortcut icon being created for each client

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
diyhouse

How to stop shortcut icon being created for each client

Post by diyhouse »

Using Ubuntu 16.04, with VB Version 5.2.6 r120293 (Qt5.6.1).
With this version of VB a new shortcut icon is created in the side panel of ubuntu for each new client.
1st I would like to stop this behaviour,. ( as I don't think this used to be the way it worked ), as fundamentally the icon show the incorrect information.
Even when a xubuntu window is running the associated icon tooltip shows it as being a 'windows 10Pro' tip...
2nd Can I turn of these short cuts from being created,.. and just use the main VB Manager startup/config/control etc window,.. or/and can I set the correct tooltips...
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: How to stop shortcut icon being created for each client

Post by socratis »

Not sure what you mean. Are you talking about a new Guest icon/entry in the VirtualBox Manager when you create a new Guest? Post a screenshot that shows what you mean. Please do not post your whole desktop, crop it to the area of interest. Also, if you're using a HiDPI setup, please shrink the image by at least 50%.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
diyhouse

Re: How to stop shortcut icon being created for each client

Post by diyhouse »

Many tx for getting back to me,... Sorry for confusion,...
Two Snap shots included,.. one shows the VB Manger icon,.. which is all I need ( would like pls).
and VBWin10-Xbuntu.png,.. which shows shortcut icon created when guest is started,. ( I never noticed this before ),.. but its tooltip only ever show win10,.. even when an xubuntu window is running...
Is this icon compulsory,...
Many Tx
Attachments
VBWIn10-Xubuntu.png
VBWIn10-Xubuntu.png (25.71 KiB) Viewed 764 times
VB-Manager.png
VB-Manager.png (90.78 KiB) Viewed 764 times