F27 - Windows10VM - No Bootable medium found.

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
ExMarine

F27 - Windows10VM - No Bootable medium found.

Post by ExMarine »

First off, I'm new to Virtualbox. And am a advanced novice in the Linux world. I am trying to create a Windows 10 VM to run on my laptop. I running a quadcore i7 w/ 32gb of ram on a Lenovo P51. I"ve installed Fedora 27 as the host OS. It's fully updated and I've installed the latest version of Virutalbox.

I've disabled secure boot in the bios, so at least now I can get VirtualBox to run. I downloaded a Windows10x64 iso from Microsoft and have added it to the VM I created. As soon as I hit "Start"... the VM spins up, I get a window that pops up and say "FATAL: No bootable medium found! System Halted." I've followed the instructions Ive found online for creating and configuring a Windows10 VM. But I'm stuck at this step. I've searched these forums and haven't found a answer to this one that works for me.

Any suggestions?

Tim
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: F27 - Windows10VM - No Bootable medium found.

Post by socratis »

ExMarine wrote:I get a window that pops up and say "FATAL: No bootable medium found! System Halted."
The ISO that you provide as the bootable CD/DVD medium is corrupt then. Check the checksum...
ExMarine wrote: I've searched these forums and haven't found a answer to this one that works for me.
Consider changing your favorite internet search engine. There should be plenty of results about this, but the search engine you're using now, does not seem to return any results for some reason.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.