Failed to open a session for the virtual machine

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
dragan

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine

Post by dragan »

I've been using VirtalBox for a year on the Ubuntu 16.04 system and I've been doing everything ok, but today I can not start (when I click on the start, I only get this error Failed to open a session for the virtual machine

Please if you can help me I do not have much experience with this.

thanks a lot
Attachments
VBox.log.zip
(17.84 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Failed to open a session for the virtual machine

Post by socratis »

VirtualBox VM 5.0.40_Ubuntu r115130 linux.amd64 (Apr 20 2017 06:58:05) release log
You're using the Ubuntu's fork version of VirtualBox. You can either ask in their forums for help, or completely remove/uninstall/delete/purge their version and install the official version from the Downloads section of VirtualBox (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads).

If you applied the recent updates, you most probably have to update to the latest test build: ≥120181 for 5.2.x (or ≥120178 for 5.1.x) that contains the fix.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
dragan

Re: Failed to open a session for the virtual machine

Post by dragan »

thanks a lot on the answer

I installed the version of how you wrote me, but now I get a mistake

thanks very much for your help again
Attachments
Scre.jpg
Scre.jpg (122.9 KiB) Viewed 709 times