[SOLVED] rdp problem

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
empbilly

[SOLVED] rdp problem

Post by empbilly »

Hello,

I use ubuntu in my work and I have some virtual machines for testing. At home I have a notebook with windows 10. I can usually access my "pc" from work via rdp from windows 10.

Inside my pc from work via rdp, I try to run a virtual machine. It starts, the windows logo appears and closes automatically.

Are there any extra settings in the virtualbox for this type of access?
Last edited by empbilly on 9. Dec 2017, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: rdp problem

Post by socratis »

Have you gone through the User Manual, ch. 7.1 Remote display (VRDP support)?
Pleas pay extra attention to the ports that your host is listening to, they might conflict with your already setup RDP server in your host.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
empbilly

Re: rdp problem

Post by empbilly »

Thanks for the feedback.

If you want to understand how this works, follow the tutorial below.

https://www.thomas-krenn.com/en/wiki/He ... VirtualBox

P.S:
The usually ctr+alt+del don't works in vrdp. The tips below, allow to you do that!! :)
by scottgus1: The usual Ctrl-Alt combos suggested don't always work.
I find that when I type Shift 5 times in a row, a window pops up from the Windows guest asking if I want to use Sticky Keys, I type Enter to accept.
Then I can type Ctrl by itself, then Alt by itself, then Delete by itself, and the remote-desktop guest sees a usual Ctrl-Alt-Delete and opens the login screen.
The host OS does not see or respond to the Sticky-Keys Ctrl-Alt-Del.

Shift 5 times, Enter in the Sticky-Keys popup, Ctrl down & release, Alt down & release, Delete down & release = Ctrl-Alt-Del
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: [SOLVED] rdp problem

Post by socratis »

Great, thanks for the feedback.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.