Xubuntu Seamless Mode

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
MUB

Xubuntu Seamless Mode

Post by MUB »

Running Xubuntu 16.04 host with win 7 guest and when activating seamless mode, the windows start/task bar is all white.. unusable.
Any solutions?

Thanks
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Xubuntu Seamless Mode

Post by socratis »

• Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe error / Shutdown the VM.
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response (see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form).
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
DrReD

Post by DrReD »

I think I have the same problem in Fedora 27 under MATE. Only in my case it is all transparent except for the mini-toolbar, which remains usable.

kernel-4.13.16-302.fc27.x86_64
VirtualBox-5.2-5.2.2_119230_fedora26-1.x86_64
Attachments
vbox.log.7z
(includes entering and exiting from seamless mode)
(17.29 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
DrReD

Post by DrReD »

I'm doing some testing and VirtualBox-5.2-5.2.0_118431 seamless mode still works ok, all the rest being equal.