windows 10 guest - no network connection

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
saland

windows 10 guest - no network connection

Post by saland »

tried all settings - NAT, NAT network, bridge - cable connected or not connected. There is a manager for network operations within the machine - just tells me that there is no network activity.

I installed the newest version of virtualbox .deb package from virtualbox website and run the current windows 10 as guest. Host is newest version of linux mint (18.2) Windows network analysis tells me that there is no driver for the network adapter (translated from German expression).

Do I need to install other packages or extensions to make it work? (nothing works , not even the shutdown signal of the machine - I need Windows to do the shut down)

In the application center of linux mint there are quite a number of virtualbox extensions, but since I downloaded the newest .deb package from the website I didn't add anything else from the application center.

hope you have hints for me - I am trying hard to make it work
Attachments
Vbox1.log.zip
(23.26 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: windows 10 guest - no network connection

Post by socratis »

saland wrote:There is a manager for network operations within the machine - just tells me that there is no network activity.
I'm not familiar with your "network operations" thingy that you refer to.

Stick with NAT. If you can ping your gateway, if you can ping 8.8.8.8, if you can ping google.com, VirtualBox is working as it should. You should look elsewhere for your networking connectivity. Look in your host for firewalls, proxies, antivirus filters, web-cleaning applications, redirectors, etc.
saland wrote:nothing works , not even the shutdown signal of the machine - I need Windows to do the shut down
That's another issue altogether. You need to configure Windows through its Power settings and mainly what does the power button do. Google more more...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.