the mouse can not uncaptured via xrdp remote gui session?

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
katvirtbox

the mouse can not uncaptured via xrdp remote gui session?

Post by katvirtbox »

Hi, recently I try to install virtualbox on a remote headless ubuntu server(Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS, in same lan not internet), and use 'xrdp' to remote connect to that server to run virtualbox because command line is a bit complex to setting virtual guest parameters.

the issue is when virtualbox guest starting running in gui and captured the mouse, it can not been uncapture any more, unless virtualbox VM process stopped, the "right-ctrl" key do have response because the icon on the right-down corner do change when i press it and it will pop up the "uncapture message box", but the keyboard do response such as alt-tab switch apps.

more details can be found in attached screen recording.

i've tried different x windows manager: openbox, xfce4, lxde, seems all same, and searching engine do not help much on this topic, any suggestion?

BTW, i can NOT upload the attached video due to size limit and have to put that in mega, below is the info where can find the screen recording, https://mega.nz/#!0KZW0CBD!6cuWctvQ0Ezu ... VI60dHJP_k
^^^^^^^^^^^^
//apologize for this as new registered user limit, no bad means and not an abuser.

and related app version
# uname -a
Linux test 4.4.0-96-generic #119-Ubuntu SMP Tue Sep 12 14:58:51 UTC 2017 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux

# virtualbox --help
Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager 5.1.28
(C) 2005-2017 Oracle Corporation
All rights reserved.

# xrdp --version
xrdp: A Remote Desktop Protocol server.
Copyright (C) Jay Sorg 2004-2011
See for more information.
Version 0.6.1

Thanks a lot.
Last edited by socratis on 10. Oct 2017, 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed obfuscated URLs.