No USB

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
caltrop

No USB

Post by caltrop »

host: Linux Mint
guest: Windows XP Pro

Windows is telling me the USB Controller is broken.

I have USB enabled in VirtualBox.

Cannot search for drivers because there is currently no Internet connection but there is LAN, three flavours: NAT, Locah Host, & Bridged, tried all three to no avail.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: No USB

Post by socratis »

Given the fact that you also opened 2 minutes earlier the thread LAN But NO Internet, I'd say that something is wrong with your VirtualBox installation. Let's focus on the other thread first...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
caltrop

Post by caltrop »

Got USB working.

Switched to USB 1, was using USB 2.

Thought WinXP was USB 2 capable but I was wrong.

Maybe after I get the Internet connection resolved...?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

caltrop wrote:Thought WinXP was USB 2 capable but I was wrong.
WinXP *is* USB2 capable. Please read the following thread: USB basics and troubleshooting. All of the posts.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.