[Solved] 5.1.22 VM window menu visible but irresponsive in fullscreen mode

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
Leonard H. Mallon

[Solved] 5.1.22 VM window menu visible but irresponsive in fullscreen mode

Post by Leonard H. Mallon »

Dear all,

I have recently installed VirtualBox 5.1.22 in order to run a Windows 7 guest on a Kubuntu 16.04 host. Everything worked like a breeze ... apart from one glitch: In fullscreen mode, the VM window menu keeps appearing when the mouse is over the appropriate area, but it does not react when clicking on any of the menu entries. So, when I need to access the VM window menu, I have to use <Host>+<F> to switch back to window mode, which is quite time-consuming and annoying.

The glitch is not limited to the Windows 7 guest. Same behavior when launching Kubuntu 16.04 as guest.

Any ideas what I can do about this?

Len
Last edited by socratis on 3. Aug 2017, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Solved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: 5.1.22 VM window menu visible but irresponsive in fullscreen mode

Post by socratis »

Leonard H. Mallon wrote:Any ideas what I can do about this?
Upgrade to the latest and greatest 5.1.26 as of this writing. It has resolved a lot of mini-toolbar issues. Remember, the official version (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads), not the one from your distro.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Leonard H. Mallon

Re: 5.1.22 VM window menu visible but irresponsive in fullscreen mode

Post by Leonard H. Mallon »

Installing 5.1.26 as you recommended fixed it for me. Thank you very much.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: [Solved] 5.1.22 VM window menu visible but irresponsive in fullscreen mode

Post by socratis »

Great, thanks for the feedback. Marking as [Solved].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.