Virtualbox and Infiniband

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
JCollins

Virtualbox and Infiniband

Post by JCollins »

Hello everyone!

I have installed two Virtualbox in two PCs connected by Ethernet. In the configuration of Network I have:

Adapter 1: NAT
Adapter 2: Bridged adapter - Name (eno1)

The configuration works perfectly.

Now I have connected the two PC via an Infiniband network. I followed the same process and i have:

Adapter 3: Bridged adapter - Name (not found)

Should be ib0, but does not appear.

Is Virtualbox compatible with the network Infiniband?

If Virtualbox is compatible, is there to set something so that I can locate the interface ib0?

Many thanks to all.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Virtualbox and Infiniband

Post by socratis »

I've removed your duplicate post from "Using VirtualBox". According to the forum rules, duplicate posts are not allowed. It's not good etiquette...
JCollins wrote:Adapter 3: Bridged adapter - Name (not found)
So, you don't see your adapter in the drop down list? If not, I guess you can't use it. What's so special about this adapter? Besides being an infiniband one. Do other standard network tools in your host see it as an "equal" network adapter?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
JCollins

Post by JCollins »

Yes, it is detected as a network adapter more. Do I need to enable something for Virtualbox recognize Infiniband?
Christian85

Post by Christian85 »

I would like to know this also. What sort of adapters do you have? I have a pair of MT25418 on Ubuntu 16.04 hosts. I intend to connect my VMs also over the Infiniband network