Guru Meditation Error Starting Headless VM (VERR_PATM_IPE_TRAP_IN_PATCH_CODE)

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
NinjaLynx

Guru Meditation Error Starting Headless VM (VERR_PATM_IPE_TRAP_IN_PATCH_CODE)

Post by NinjaLynx »

Good day.

I am having a problem starting my headless VM (Tiny Core) from a linux host (ClearOS). I get a Guru Meditation (VERR_PATM_IPE_TRAP_IN_PATCH_CODE). I have attached the log file for someone to please identify the problem.

It looks to me like CPUM or VGA Error. At the beginning I had an error with regards to VT-x. I then disabled all Virtual extensions and related Virtualization. I have an i686 Socket 775 Pentium 4 3.0 GHz CPU in the host that does not support 64-Bit. I'm not really sure what I am looking at in this log file and am unable to resolve the issue without some help. Should you need any further information about the system just let me know and I will gather any additional info you may need to help me resolve this issue.

Many thanks & Kind Regards
NinjaLynx
Attachments
VM_Logs.zip
(42.94 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: Guru Meditation Error Starting Headless VM (VERR_PATM_IPE_TRAP_IN_PATCH_CODE)

Post by Perryg »

You are having issues due to your processor. You could try to enable PAE and see if that allows a boot or an older version of VirtualBox. I think in the lower 4.* range might work.

http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/
NinjaLynx

Re: Guru Meditation Error Starting Headless VM (VERR_PATM_IPE_TRAP_IN_PATCH_CODE)

Post by NinjaLynx »

Thanks Perryg. I enabled PAE and gave it another shot but to no avail. I'm now going to uninstall virtualbox and attempt to install an older version and see if anything comes of it. If not then I'll just have to go without virtualbox on this server. Thanks for all your help and will post back here with the results.