Go stupid tryng install VirtualBox onto CentOS 7

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
GioMBG

Go stupid tryng install VirtualBox onto CentOS 7

Post by GioMBG »

Hi All,
after go stupid for 2 days I kindly asking if is possible to install VirtualBox onto CentOS 7,
if is possible I kindly ask if there is a guide where is CLEAR how to make understand Virtualbox that the needed headers and kernel are CORRECTLY updated and CORRECTLY installed
always thanks
Gio
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Go stupid tryng install VirtualBox onto CentOS 7

Post by socratis »

The only available guide that I know of is the User Manual. It might not be fancy with graphics and animation, but it's accurate.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Post by Perryg »

It looks like you are really saying the install fails because VirtualBox is telling you that the kernel and headers are not correct. Run the two following commands in a terminal on the host and report exactly what they state:

Code: Select all

uname -r

ls /usr/src | grep $(uname -r)

It would also help if you posted the /var/log/vbox-install.log as an attachment here as well.
themagicm2

Post by themagicm2 »

I have VB running on CentOS 7 without issue.. Post your actual error.