Debian 9 KDE minibar fullscreen

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
Sagypt

Debian 9 KDE minibar fullscreen

Post by Sagypt »

Hi,

just a warning: the minibar don't appears. Waiting for a patch ... currently there's a workaround?

Host: Debian 9 (Stretch) with KDE - VirtualBox 5.1.22. Guests: all
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Debian 9 KDE minibar fullscreen

Post by socratis »

Try the test builds from https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Testbuilds
I know that they were actively working on the mini toolbar, and the fixes are there. Give it a shot.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Sagypt

Post by Sagypt »

Thanks for replying.
I prefer to wait. I hope for a early (but stable) release.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Test builds ARE stable releases. So stable as to accept bug reports against them.

If I call the "intermediate" will you that make feel any better? ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Sagypt

Post by Sagypt »

Yeah, now I feel more more more better. :lol:

Jokes apart, thank you again.
pattimichelle
Primary OS: openSUSE
Guest OSses: WinXP

Post by pattimichelle »

Glad to see this - I thought my Linux/KDE (opensuse Leap 42.2) install was on the fritz. Has anyone seen that this is fixed yet?
Guess I'll start with the dev builds...
WEDC

Post by WEDC »

well this is a solution, but hopefully exist, i am using Tumbleweed (openSUSE), and have the same error on the last officail version, but sometime the bar appear on full, scale or fluid mode, but appear like a black bar, but the menu still exist and can use it.
firthmj
Primary OS: Debian other
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: Windows 10

Post by firthmj »

I'm also seeing the Minibar not appearing after upgrading Debian from Jessie (8) to Stretch (9).

I've tried installing the testing version (R116469), but there is no change.

This is with the standard Gnome desktop, not KDE.

In recent versions (I think since 5.1.20) on Jessie, the Minibar was also problematic, being counted as an extra window - so my 3 monitor seamless mode setup was counting Virtualbox as having 6 "windows" present, which was a high percentage of my total number of windows!
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

firthmj wrote:I'm also seeing the Minibar not appearing after upgrading Debian from Jessie (8) to Stretch (9).
The tracking bug is https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/16325 so go ahead and post your experience.
firthmj
Primary OS: Debian other
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: Windows 10

Post by firthmj »

socratis wrote:
firthmj wrote:I'm also seeing the Minibar not appearing after upgrading Debian from Jessie (8) to Stretch (9).
The tracking bug is https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/16325 so go ahead and post your experience.
I've posted an update on that bug tracker. Happy to gather additional logging / debugging if it is helpful.