Problem with run VirtualBox

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
WojtekPL

Problem with run VirtualBox

Post by WojtekPL »

Hello, I installed VirtualBox (version Guest kernel modules for VirtualBox
extra/linux411-virtualbox-host-modules 5.1.22-1 (linux411-extramodules)) and is problem with run the VirtualBox.

My system is Manjaro KDE.

Code: Select all

[wojtek@wojtek-pc ~]$ virtualbox
VirtualBox: Error -610 in supR3HardenedMainInitRuntime!
VirtualBox: dlopen("/usr/lib/virtualbox/VBoxRT.so",) failed: libssl.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

VirtualBox: Tip! It may help to reinstall VirtualBox.
I reinstalled VirtualBox and installed on older kernel (49) and is this the same problem. So I updated kernel to 411 and again this the same problem.
My version kernel

Code: Select all

4.11.1-1-MANJARO
Please help me.
Sorry for my english :P.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Problem with run VirtualBox

Post by socratis »

If you installed VirtualBox from the Manjaro repositories, we don't support it. You can either ask in their forums for help, or completely remove/uninstall/delete/purge their version and install the official version from the Downloads section of VirtualBox (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads). And please use the exact numbers. There is no kernel 49 or 411. There is kernel 4.9.x (fill the x) or 4.11.x (fill the x).

Moving to "Linux Hosts" from "Linux Guests".
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.