Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 reboot of virtualbox

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
Dirk_Lehmann

Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 reboot of virtualbox

Post by Dirk_Lehmann »

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have a Microsoft Server 2012 R2 running in a virtual box without Microsoft supportagreement and without oracle or canonical support agreement.

Because this virtual maschine running Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 reboots some while after logon at Microsoft Windows Server as Administrator and I still do not know why, I am looking for some help here.

If the Microsoft Server boots without user-logon, the operating system runs. Therefore I think some service forces the reboot of the virtual box and because this happens without any message of Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 Server (64 bit standard edition) and without shutting down the Microsoft Server.

I had to moved the virtual disk file to another drive because running out of diskspace and configured a new virtual box with this virtual disk file, because I did in mistake removed the virtual machine in the virtual box console manager. Since then, this "hang" with reboot of this virtualbox occures.

All I further can try is to boot the windows server in secured mode and hope that I can catch a look in the event protokoll because hopefully in secure mode the service get not loaded and after that disabling the service of make servicespecific customization of the vm settings.

By the way: Should I confige NAT or network bridge-mode for this virtualbox if I want to access the running services over the internet (wan), because on my gateway the NAT is allready running and Hairping-NAT could also get enabled. The firewall rules for the services are configured and I am also thinking about to change the Windows server to fixed private IP instead of the configured dhcp. If this is recommended, should I also change the virtualbox setting from NAT to bridgemode?

I was wondering if I get support professional support here, mainly to get the Windows Server reliable running after logon, or get information which support agreement whould be best in this case and what this further will cost (in advance).

Best regards,

Dirk
Dirk_Lehmann

Re: Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 reboot of virtualbox

Post by Dirk_Lehmann »

I haven have had enought patience ... Windows 2012 R2 started in between (after the reboot of the virtual maschine) in a repair mode and after selecting there "start Windows again" every service of Windows 2012 R2 standard and the third party software is running sufficently again. So please forget my regquest for help here for today.