PCI-Passthrough Graphics Card

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
Queaken

PCI-Passthrough Graphics Card

Post by Queaken »

So I managed to pass through my GTX960 to my Windows XP VM, now isn't there any way of using it?

I can't disable the Virtualbox Graphics Adapter or choose the PCI Card in the boot menu (mainly, because there is none).

There must be some way of changing the main PCI Card, like overriding the Virtualbox Graphics Adapter or something, right?

I expect the answer to be no, but I'd be happy to hear something else for once (I've been trying something like this basically forever).

Thanks for your time.
~Quea
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: PCI-Passthrough Graphics Card

Post by socratis »

Queaken wrote:So I managed to pass through my to my Windows XP VM
How?
(that's different from "no", no?)

Do you have drivers for the card in Windows XP? Start from that answer. If the answer is "no", then the answer in the first question is moot.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Queaken

Re: PCI-Passthrough Graphics Card

Post by Queaken »

Yes, I already installed them even.

To the how, just like in the manual (Section 9.6) I attached it and it's audio part to 01:05.0 & 01:05.1 using --pciattach (I configured IOMMU when trying other tutorials, but those wouldn't work because they'd require UEFI, and WinXP won't boot with UEFI).

Edit--
Oh, right and I use my integrated graphics card as the main one, for my Linux Mint system.