Network Problem/Problema con al red HELP!

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
Tosko

Network Problem/Problema con al red HELP!

Post by Tosko »

Hi, I have a question that is annoying me enough and I decided to go to consult the community .. well here I am, to see if you can help me .. I am "new" in the world of virtualization, linux.

The case is the following I installed a virtual machine with linux server 14.04.5 LTS, I configured the network in Vbox as "bridge adapter" by selecting my network adapter. Once im inside my server i installed several things because i have access to the internet .. between those things I installed the SSH service, leaving default port 22 and ftp service "vsftpd".

When I query the "ifconfig" command, it responds:
Link encap: Ethernet address HW 08: 00: 27: d5: 2c: 88
Direc. Inet: 192.168.0.13 Diffus.:192.168.0.255 More: 255.255.255.0

Now, to connect from my computer (Windows 10) with Putty to my virtual server using ssh (port 22) I use the ip "192.168.0.13", and the same with FTP, but if I want a friend from your home to connect To my server either via SSH or FTP its imposible to me to use the same ip that i use on my computer

I would like to know what this is because the ip "192.168.0.13" I think it works locally, should i configure something else? maybe modify, modify / etc / network / interfaces, modifies something in iptables?
Well I want my server to work as a public ip to which anyone can connect having the accesses ..

Thanks!
________________________________________________________________________________

Hola buenas, tengo una cuestión que me está fastidiando bastante y he decidido pasar a consultar a la comunidad.. pues aquí estoy, a ver si me podéis ayudar.. Soy "nuevo" en el mundo de la virtualización, linux.

El caso es el siguiente he instalado una máquina virtual con linux server 14.04.5 LTS, he configurado la red en Vbox como "adaptador puente" seleccionando mi adaptador de red. Una vez dentro de mi servidor, he instalado varias cosillas, es decir, tengo acceso a internet.. entre esas cosillas he instalado el servicio SSH, dejando por defecto el puerto 22 y el servicio ftp "vsftpd".

Al consultar el comando "ifconfig" me responde:
Link encap:Ethernet direcciónHW 08:00:27:d5:2c:88
Direc. inet:192.168.0.13 Difus.:192.168.0.255 Másc:255.255.255.0

Ahora, para conectarme desde mi ordenador ( Windows 10 ) con Putty a mi servidor virtual mediante ssh ( puerto 22 ) utilizo la ip "192.168.0.13" , y lo mismo con el FTP, pero si quiero que un amigo desde su casa se conecte a mi servidor ya sea mediante SSH o FTP se nos hace imposible utilizando la ip que yo utilizo en mi ordenador.

Me gustaría saber a que se debe esto, pues la ip "192.168.0.13" creo que funciona a nivel local, es decir, ¿Debo configurar algo más, modificar /etc/network/interfaces, modificar algo en iptables?
Pues quiero que mi servidor trabaje como una ip pública a la que cualquiera se pueda conectar teniendo los accesos..

Gracias de antemano!
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: Network Problem/Problema con al red HELP!

Post by Perryg »

It sounds like you want someone outside your local LAN to be able to access the guest. If so this is going to be difficult since your local LAN is private and you want to be able to allow public access. This can only be achieved if your router has the ability to forward the request. But this is not something that VirtualBox itself does and as such is outside the scope of this forum.
Tosko

Re: Network Problem/Problema con al red HELP!

Post by Tosko »

Sorry but you didn't help me :S