Mouse click lost after a while

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
Segfault

Re: Mouse click lost after a while

Post by Segfault »

It is getting worse. My Linux VM is near unusable now. Maybe it is a good thing after all, forces me to learn KVM and QEMU.
dfr326

Post by dfr326 »

Can this be related to viewtopic.php?f=7&t=87766 ?!
Segfault

Post by Segfault »

Yes, I think it is the same issue. There are people complaining about this also in other forums. But I guess nobody really got into this and provided good debug information.
dfr326

Post by dfr326 »

Segfault wrote:Yes, I think it is the same issue. There are people complaining about this also in other forums. But I guess nobody really got into this and provided good debug information.
Seems like the problem was related to libX11, and updating it to >= 1.6.7 solves. Still haven't tried it myself tho!
Link to possible solution: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=87766&start=15#p431077
logicannullata

Post by logicannullata »

Same problem here, with VB 6.0.18 r136238, windows 10 host and centos 7 guest. Has anyone found a solution ?
kabusland

Post by kabusland »

I also lost mouse in the VirtualBox. My solution is:
Just delete all entries in the section <ExtraData> in the .vbox -file except the following:
<ExtraData>
<ExtraDataItem name="GUI/LastGuestSizeHint" value="1280,912"/>
<ExtraDataItem name="GUI/LastNormalWindowPosition" value="83,83,640,480,max"/>
</ExtraData>

The virtual machine will start in maximized window but not in full screen. When switch to full screen mode the mouse will be lost again.
HF

Post by HF »

I started seeing this problem recently and suspect, for me at least, its an integration issue between VBox and my local touchpad driver.

I changed my touchpad to handle taps which I had previously disabled. It initially works fine on my host and guest OS, both Win 10 but at some point the guest will no longer "see" the taps or any mouse click events including ones from a physical mouse.

I turned off my host Win 10 support for mouse taps and the problem went away.

Tapping on the touchpad for right-click is a nice feature, but having mouse clicks work within the VM is much more important so I'll just live without for now.

The touchpad driver is an AlpsAlpine driver v8.2206.

Hope this helps, seems like mouse issues have been a problem for sometime.

(EDIT: I just noticed this is a Linux host section for virtual box, though the issue probably happens there as well with mouse drivers - hope this helps someone)