Qt warnings & libgl errors using VirtualBox with X11

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
pgloor

Qt warnings & libgl errors using VirtualBox with X11

Post by pgloor »

Today I upgraded VirtualBox 5.0.20 on a headless remote Debian Jessie server to VirtualBox 5.1.6. Since it's sometimes easier to use the hosts VirtalBox GUI than VBoxAdmin I do most of the work using VirtualBox over an ssh connection to a X.11 server on my windows PC. In other words, from my PC I establich an ssh connection to the server with PuTTY. From the terminal I start VirtualBox using VcXsrv on my PC. So far this worked fine, except I had to kill the local VcXsrv window sometimes, as it did not properly get disconnected from the server side.

Since the upgrade to VirtualBox 5.1.6 I get the following messages:

Code: Select all

vbadmin@debian:~$ VirtualBox
Qt WARNING: QObject::connect: No such signal QApplication::screenRemoved(QScreen *)
libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
Qt WARNING: void QWindow::setTransientParent(QWindow*) QWidgetWindow(0xe568d0, name = "QWidgetClassWindow") must be a top level window.
Qt WARNING: void QWindow::setTransientParent(QWindow*) QWidgetWindow(0xe568d0, name = "QWidgetClassWindow") must be a top level window.
Qt WARNING: QObject::disconnect: No such signal QApplication::screenRemoved(QScreen *)
vbadmin@debian:~$
So far it's not a big issue. Everything works fine, but it leaves a bad feeling. Installing qt5-default didn't resolve the issue. VcXsrv is at its latest version, 1.18.3.0.
Bodale

Re: Qt warnings & libgl errors using VirtualBox with X11

Post by Bodale »

Here, I've a similar problem with remote SSH session...
1) local command:

ssh <hostname> -X
2) on remote machine:

virtualbox
Qt WARNING: QObject::connect: No such signal QApplication::screenRemoved(QScreen *)
Qt WARNING: QObject::connect: No such signal QScreen::availableGeometryChanged(const QRect &)
Qt WARNING: QObject::connect: No such signal QScreen::availableGeometryChanged(const QRect &)
libGL error: failed to authenticate magic 11
libGL error: failed to load driver: i965