[ solved ] VBox 5.1.6 - Windows 7 crash at startup

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
zipp0

[ solved ] VBox 5.1.6 - Windows 7 crash at startup

Post by zipp0 »

2016-09-23-09-16-07.000-VirtualBox-4216.log
(104.62 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
My system is ubuntu 14.04.1 64bit with kernel 4.4.0-38-generic #57 KDE 4.13.2, my pc have not VT-x extension...
my guest is only 32bit.

I have installed gcc ver. 5.4.1 20160904 after watched other forum.
Install VBOX 5.1.6
install guest addition

my guest Windows 7 (32bit) crash on start up and crash Host. After crash i only move the mouse on desktop, keybord and all input don't work, i must shoutdown host with power button for 5 seconds... :| :| :|

No other problems with other application.

LOG file aviable.

I'm very italian nwebie... :oops:

can you help me??
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: VBox 5.1.6 - Windows 7 crash at startup

Post by socratis »

This doesn't look like a standard VirtualBox log. Where did you get VirtualBox from? If you got it from Ubuntu's store, uninstall it and install the official version from https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
zipp0

Post by zipp0 »

I had download VBox 5.1.6 from link on homepage of virtualbox_org so guest additions....
I try to re-download the same version (latest).

i installed the deb version downloaded trought Ubuntu Software Center (GNOME software) but under KDE GUI, are there the problem?
No other dependence to install are required at install time.
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Post by Perryg »

zipp0 wrote:I had download VBox 5.1.6 from link on homepage of virtualbox_org so guest additions....
I try to re-download the same version (latest).

i installed the deb version downloaded trought Ubuntu Software Center (GNOME software) but under KDE GUI, are there the problem?
No other dependence to install are required at install time.
This could very well be the problem. their software center is total junk. I would remove the version that is installed now and then use dpkg to install the right version you downloaded from VirtualBox.

That said it may just be because raw mode without VT-x/AMD-v is not really supported that well anymore.
zipp0

Post by zipp0 »

I check md5sum of downaload and are valid, i install trough dpkg -i vbox.deb but the problem don't go away...

My pc CPU Intel B98o don't support the VT-x, i think to downgrade version of VBOX...

Thanck you!

P.S.
to close the topic what do i do? (OR SOLVED)

remeber i am newbie...
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: [ solved ] VBox 5.1.6 - Windows 7 crash at startup

Post by Perryg »

I have taken care of that for you, but in the future all you need to do is add [ solved ] to the topic Sublect.