NatNetwork

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
CarbonHelix

NatNetwork

Post by CarbonHelix »

Running VBOX 5.0.20 on Centos7.X .

If you run into problems with 'Natnetwork' then there appears to be a 'namespace' issue when multiple users may be using the system. The messages you receive
are cryptic, failed to open/create the internal network NatNetwork. The workaround is to change you own NatNetwork namespace to a unique name. I don't recall this as being a requirement in the past, given it's for a unique user and this should be isolated, but it appears to now be a global! and as such is creating a resource name issue which causes the 'Permission Denied" messages. VERR_PERMISSION_DENIED ..This is very confusing...
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: NatNetwork

Post by socratis »

CarbonHelix wrote:If you run into problems with 'Natnetwork' then there appears to be a 'namespace' issue when multiple users may be using the system.
Would you mind expanding a little bit into this?
• Do you have multiple users using the same host?
• All of them are running their VMs at the same time?
• Using NATNetwork? And it conflicts? What conflicts?
• Did I get it right? And what exactly do you mean by "namespace"?

I'm afraid that I have more questions than answers, so would you mind expanding your topic with details?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.