setup Ubuntu from ISO using GUI/VRDP

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
bognjen

setup Ubuntu from ISO using GUI/VRDP

Post by bognjen »

I was installed Virtual Box on Ubuntu server without GUI. After that added new Virtual Machine and attached ISO image of Ubuntu desktop. Everything was done using ssh connection (putty). Also, I installed appropriate extension pack for my VBox installation. The problem is setup of mentioned Ubuntu deskto version because I cannot run some GUI and then proceed with standard Ubuntu installation steps. I tried to catch this environment with VRDP even I am not sure that is correct solution. Also, I faced problem with VRDP, here is the log:

Code: Select all

VRDP: Failed to start VRDP-IN thread, rc = VERR_NET_ADDRESS_IN_USE
00:00:00.171245 VRDP: TCP server closed.
00:00:00.171786 VRDE: Warning: failed to launch VRDE server (VERR_NET_ADDRESS_IN_USE): 'VirtualBox Remote Desktop Extension server can't bind to the port: 3389'
I tried to change port number but again I got the same message: VRDP server is failed to start. VRDP is inactive.

Can anyone advise me what can to do with this in order to avoid installation of some of GUIs on my Ubuntu server?
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: setup Ubuntu from ISO using GUI/VRDP

Post by Perryg »

http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch07.h ... 0491030816

The above is an example on how to do this. It all depends on whether or not you are using the official build or the build from the Ubuntu repo which is a fork.
Elizine

Re: setup Ubuntu from ISO using GUI/VRDP

Post by Elizine »

bodHOST