Windows 10 Display not viewing correctly

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
Techne

Windows 10 Display not viewing correctly

Post by Techne »

Good evening,

This is getting really frustrating. I installed virtualbox on Ubuntu 14.04 with Guest Additions and I was hoping to get the same resolution as I do on my Ubuntu screen. Instead either when I turn it on, it is bigger then what my screen is or it is very very poor quality and in both ways it loads, my mouse is in a different position then where I am pointing at (horizontally it is a big space in between where I am pointing and where it really is).

I really wish this would work correctly and can be fixed. Thank you for any help.

Regards,

Bobby

PS The drivers in Windows are the Guest Addition drivers installed and I have installed Virtualbox 5.0 with the latest Guest Addition. Please help.
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: Windows 10 Display not viewing correctly

Post by Perryg »

Post the guests log file ( as an attachment )
Techne

Re: Windows 10 Display not viewing correctly

Post by Techne »

Thanks for your help. I ended up fixing the issue... I just had to push cancel when I fired up Windows and now my Linux and Windows 10 works together beautifully! I am really happy with this and very suprised how nice they both work together. This is really great. Again thank you very much for the fast response.

Are there any tricks or suggestions that you have to improve my experience with using Virtualbox? I am already really impressed with it but anything else I should know being new to using this would be great. Thank you again.

Best Regards,

Bobby