NatNetwork not working after Host reboot.

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
ITFred

NatNetwork not working after Host reboot.

Post by ITFred »

Hi all,
I'm noticing an issue with the NatNetrowk tool.

I can set up a NatNetwork and my guests can ssh to each other. I can even use port forwarding from the NatNetwork setting window to allow sshing to a guest from a host. All very handy :-D.
However, I have found on my Ubuntu desktop host and Mac laptop host that the NatNetwork stops working after some time.
On the Ubuntu host I have tested it and found that every time I create a NatNetwork it will work as I need until I restart the host :-( .
After the restart no amount of enabling or disabling or stopping or starting either the DHCP service or the NatNetwork from the Gui or the Command line seems to solve the issue :-\ . All I can do is create a new NatNetwork connection and attach the guests to that. but after a host restart that one is dead as well :-/.
I'm going to try stopping the NatNetwork and DHCP service before the host restart and see what happens. The problem still remains though.

I just tested this and yes the NatNetwork service works as expected if it is stopped and its DHCP service turned off before restarting the host.
To stop: VBoxManage natnetwork modify --netname natnet1 --dhcp off and VBoxManage natnetwork stop --netname natnet1
To start: VBoxManage natnetwork start --netname natnet1 and VBoxManage natnetwork modify --netname natnet1 --dhcp on

Anyone any ideas or even solutions for working around or solving this issue?