Mismatched workspace on second monitor

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
Valtech

Mismatched workspace on second monitor

Post by Valtech »

Hi,

I recently decided to upgrade my i386-host running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and VBox 4.2.24 with several guests under XP or W7 on dual-screen (worked like a charm but CPU was becomming hot...).
So I set-up a new AMD64 motherboard with Ubuntu 12.04 / gnome, and kept my NVIDIA K330 adapter, and installed VBox 4.3.26 + guest additions.
Everything went fine, reimported my guests based on the previously exported OVA files, and could generally get everything working, except that...

When running a guest with dual-screen (XP or W7 whatever, with monitor extension to dual screen of course) from, say, workspace 2 in seamless or windowed mode, everything is fine.
However any attempt to switch to fullscreen mode (HOST+F) will only keep the primary guest (virtual) monitor in the current workspace, while the second guest monitor will jump into another workspace, or even worse, between 2 different workspaces !

Got the impression that what VBox is refering to as "physical screen" must be somehow in reference to the host X-display. However, on Ubuntu 12.04, handling of X-screens was completely re-written and I have no idea about how to handle that.... Anybody an idea ?
Valtech

Re: Mismatched workspace on second monitor

Post by Valtech »

Matter was solved after upgrade from Ubuntu 12.04 to 14.04.
Could not figure out other mean to solve the problem.
Hope this still can be useful to someone else !