Full screen for OpenMandriva 2014.1 KDE

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
theorobi

Full screen for OpenMandriva 2014.1 KDE

Post by theorobi »

Good Day,
I would need some help to configure my VM with OpenMandriva 2014.1 KDD x64, in VirtualBox 4.20
How should I proceed to be able to get a full scren on that OpenMandriva.
As a graphic driver, OpenMandriva install a VirtualBox Additions Service, but there's no way to get a full screen
As default, it's 1024x768, but in the Display Manager, there's many resolutions available, mine is there for a LG monitor Full HD 1920x1080, but when I chosse that resolution
they as me to restart the machine and as soon as I boot, the display is again in 1024x768, I try many resolution and it's always the same problem.
When I try to install the VirtualBox Addons, the files go to Virtual CD, but when I try to execute the .run file, there's a message telling that I need administrator privilege to execute the file.
The repertory with the .run file, is in /root/media. How should I do to execute that file.

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Theo
loukingjr
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: just about all that run

Re: Full screen for OpenMandriva 2014.1 KDE

Post by loukingjr »

First you need to install DKMS and kernel-nrjQL-desktop-devel-3.15.10-2omv (assuming you are updated.)

Open Konsole, SU to root, then you can just drag the VBoxLinuxAdditions.run file into Konsole, hit return

Then in the Menu>Tools>Configure Your Computer>Hardware>Configure graphics Make sure "Automatic" is selected.

Reboot guest.
OSX, Linux and Windows Hosts & Guests
There are three groups of people. Those that can count and those that can't.