Connecting to BlackBerry Z10

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
Appalbarry

Connecting to BlackBerry Z10

Post by Appalbarry »

Just picked up a BlackBerry Z10. Like it a lot, but there is no obvious way to move photos etc off the device to my desktop machine. BlackBerry really, really, really doesn't want to support Linux users it seems.

After too much time trolling through forums, it seems timely to revisit this question:

Has anyone managed to get a Windows Guest to see the Blackberry OS 10.2 connected to USB? Either with or without the BlackBerry Link software?

I'm using:
Linux Mint 16 "petra" 64 bit
Windows Vista
Virtualbox 4.3.8
Blackberry OS 10.2.1.2102
Powderjockey

Re: Connecting to BlackBerry Z10

Post by Powderjockey »

I realize this is an old thread. But, I have a Blackberry 10 Passport which I'm trying to get the Blackberry Link software to recognize the device in order to sync, backup and restore.

I've searched the Internet, please the VBox forums with not too much success. I'm using VBox 5.1 on a Debian 8.3 based system, have the additions installs and the extension pack. My VDI is WnXP and the Guest OS does recognize the phone's micro SD card to some extent (wants to format to use) but does see it.

Any help much appreciated.

S
WFV
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: ArchLinux; Fedora; Ubuntu; Win7pro64; WinXP

Re: Connecting to BlackBerry Z10

Post by WFV »

I realize this won't allow you to sync/backup/restore but it should at least let you get your data off the SD card. Have you tried installing linux mtp software on your Mint host and accessing the data that way?
The rest is I am guessing, you do have the guest-additions in stalled on the Windows guest? and that the correct guest version is running for the version of VBox? If so, what does the Windows guest see when you connect via USB?
Also - have you tried the different USB settings, xHCI, OHCI, EHCI?