Issue with accessing UCM port 4444

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
ksniranjan
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Linux

Issue with accessing UCM port 4444

Post by ksniranjan »

I've installed virtual box on a linux machine. Following appliance is running on the Virtual Box.
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middl ... 84132.html
It is a webcenter UCM installation.

Port forwarding seems to be working perfectly. Because I can access all the required ports from the host machine and also from external machines.

However, I'm unable to access port 4444 from outside the host machine. When I try to create a Content Repository connection on my windows Jdeveloper, it throws below error:
Caused by: oracle.stellent.ridc.protocol.ProtocolException: Unable to initialize socket connection to Content Server 'idc://<host>:4444'
at oracle.stellent.ridc.protocol.intradoc.socket.SocketConnectionManager.initializeConnection(SocketConnectionManager.java:32)
at oracle.stellent.ridc.protocol.intradoc.socket.SocketConnectionManager.initializeConnection(SocketConnectionManager.java:19)
at oracle.stellent.ridc.protocol.impl.SimpleConnectionPool.acquireConnection(SimpleConnectionPool.java:44)
at oracle.stellent.ridc.IdcClient.sendRequest(IdcClient.java:148)

Any clue?
Is the IDC protocol a problem?
or Is it the UCM server that is restricting access from any machine other than the host?
SBIG

Re: Issue with accessing UCM port 4444

Post by SBIG »

1) Goto Oracel VM Menu Device --> Network --> Networks Settings
2) From LHS , select Network. Click Port Forwarding .
3) Click Add Button (+) and add the UCM Port 4444.
4) Click OK and try connecting using Jdeveloper.

Thank you.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Issue with accessing UCM port 4444

Post by socratis »

I'm afraid that "ksniranjan" had only one post and they last visited the forums on 16/11/2011, so, chances are they won't see the answer. But bonus points for offering a solution ;) .
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.