Compiling using svn trunk

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
lisan

Compiling using svn trunk

Post by lisan »

Hi,

I compiled virtualbox on debian etch using the svn trunk revision 2597. Unfortunately I dont know how to create the VBoxGuestAdditions.iso.
Does anybody know how to create this file ?
dave_p_b

Post by dave_p_b »

Hi

I ran into the same problem as you, because I too compile from svn. I never managed to solve it but my package manager had the additions iso package, which works with my svn version of Virtual box.

At the end of the day, it's just an iso so if you can find it in the debian repos I'd just install it side by side your svn Virtualbox.

All the best

Dave
nuno

Post by nuno »

dave_p_b wrote:Hi

I ran into the same problem as you, because I too compile from svn. I never managed to solve it but my package manager had the additions iso package, which works with my svn version of Virtual box.

At the end of the day, it's just an iso so if you can find it in the debian repos I'd just install it side by side your svn Virtualbox.

All the best

Dave
Actually it's a good question. I think you can't use the drivers in the VBoxGuestAdditions.iso with the open source edition. For these drivers you must accept the same licence of the pre-packaged binaries (personel use or trial).

Can someone from Innotek clarify this, please?

Peace,
Nuno Silva