How 2 build and enable new modules 4 external authentication

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
sunwukong

How 2 build and enable new modules 4 external authentication

Post by sunwukong »

Hi,

I think the possibility to write new modules for the external authentication is a great feature. From the manual, however, I was not able to figure out how it can be done. Is there a short howto or tutorial?

If not, I could compile the sample scripts into some .o file after some slight modifications. But I don't know what to do next.
Could someone please explain the whole procedure of compiling, linking and installing external authentification for a file from the sdk examples?

Thanks

sun
achimha
Volunteer

Post by achimha »

User manual chapter 9.3.
sunwukong

Post by sunwukong »

I did RTFM ;)
Refering to http://www.virtualbox.org/download/UserManual.pdf
section 9.3 is 1 page that says that I can switch to other authentication libraries by using the VBoxManage command. It also describes the function declaration which should be implemented within the source code. But in the version of the manual I downloaded, section 9.3 does not characterize how to create the library and where to copy it. I know some c++, but do not know exactly how to build the needed library on a linux system. :shock:

What I have done yet:
I installed Virtualbox 1.4.0 on a OpenSuse10.2 from http://www.virtualbox.org/download/1.4. ... 86.rpm.run.
A WinXP is running inside the virtual machine and I want to modify the authentication of the vrdp server. "Null" is working - with "external" enabled I can start the server but cannot connect (even with a login and pw w of the host system). Neiter rdesktop nor Windows remote desktop client works. :(
Then I decided to do the authentication by myself. 8)
After copying the (sdk/samples/vrdpauth/) pam.cpp to pam2.cpp and doing some adjustments to eliminate compile errors I mananged to “g++ -c –Wall –I/[VirtualBox path]/sdk/include pam2.cpp” and got some pam2.o

What do I have to do next?
Sorry, I read through the section 9.3 several times but could not find it. Maybe I am reading the wrong document :cry: