display for games

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
nobodie
Primary OS: Fedora other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: winxp, pclinux, kubuntu, jolicloud, arch, solaris,

display for games

Post by nobodie »

I've tried to run two games that call for dx9 (not even dx10) and it isn't working. Everything installs all right and all, but the display settings are not running right.

The games: Chessmaster X (for me) and the Sims 2 (for my daughters)

I sent my dxdiag to ubisoft (the chessmaster people) they told me to get lost because I wasn't running a windows system (HAHAHAHAHAHA)

The games 1) start and then hang when even a simple function is called through direct x (I think its a screen refresh on a dialogue close) or 2) fails to start and says that DX9 isn't enabled.

Yes, I have the extra stuff in the iso file running as my cdrom, (well maybe that isn't exactly the right description, I set it up and when it is running it resides in the same location as my CD/DVD drive in my computer) and it seems to be acting as an agp or something for my agp card but it isn't working.

Any ideas, any other info you need? :(
as in the past, the future is in eggs
HK-47

Post by HK-47 »

there is no Direct3D support at the moment, and i would guess that it will stay that way for a while.
nobodie
Primary OS: Fedora other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: winxp, pclinux, kubuntu, jolicloud, arch, solaris,

Post by nobodie »

yes I can seee that there is none now and that it will be tough to achieve, but the product is outstanding in general and there is so much forward momentum I wonder if they have a published roadmap for what they want to achieve next?
as in the past, the future is in eggs