shared clipboard not working in VB 2.2.0? (Ubuntu & Debian)

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
dpeirce
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: many various linux

Re: shared clipboard not working in VB 2.2.0? (Ubuntu & Debian)

Post by dpeirce »

I'm also having this problem in VB 2.2.0 (Mepis 8 guest, Mint6 host). However, there are these differences:

1) Shared clipboards does not work at all for me, although trying to use it results in a drastic slowdown in both the guest and host for a minute or so.

2) I have full functionality in either the host or guest clipboards at all times, just no sharing.

I also expected drag'n'drop between the guest and host. Did I hear that wrong?

In faith, Dave
Viva Texas

Registered linux user #417229
dpeirce

Post by dpeirce »

I was trying to drag marked text between the guest and host windows. It wouldn't work either way.

And, shared clipboards?

In faith, Dave
Viva Texas
vbox4me2
Volunteer

Post by vbox4me2 »

Dragging is not supported in any format, only cut and paste.
dpeirce

Post by dpeirce »

Cut'n'paste isn't working.

In faith, Dave
Viva Texas
rexless
Primary OS: Ubuntu 8.10
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: XP

Post by rexless »

So far 2.2.2 seems to be working. I've been able to cut & paste pages worth of text both directions between XP and the Ubuntu 8.10 host. I only did the update this morning but so far so good.
Sasquatch
Volunteer
Primary OS: Debian other
Guest OSses: Windows XP, Windows 7, Linux

Post by Sasquatch »

dpeirce wrote:Cut'n'paste isn't working.

In faith, Dave
Viva Texas
Did you actually install the GA?
Read the Forum Posting Guide before opening a topic.
VirtualBox FAQ: Check this before asking questions.
Online User Manual: A must read if you want to know what we're talking about.
Howto: Install Linux Guest Additions
Howto: Use Shared Folders on Linux Guest
See the Tutorials and FAQ section at the top of the Forum for more guides.
Try searching the forums first with Google and add the site filter for this forum.
E.g. install guest additions site:forums.virtualbox.org

Retired from this Forum since OSSO introduction.
dpeirce

Post by dpeirce »

Sasq: Sorry about the delay in responding, Yes I had installed the Guest Additions. I've installed two more guests with the additions and can't get it to work in any of them, but it seems to work for others so the problem must be on my side. It isn't critical for me, so I'll keep on working on it.

In faith, Dave
Viva Texas
Perryg
Site Moderator
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Post by Perryg »

What is the Host operating system? Other tells me nothing.
dpeirce

Post by dpeirce »

The host is Antix-m8 (I don't remember the choice of Antix being available so I clicked 'other').

Using Mepis 8 as the guest, I wasn't able to copy/paste in either direction although the 'bidirectional' thingee was set in the VB window General > Advanced. Additionally, the cursor wasn't captured and the drag/drop resize feature worked. This afternoon I reinstalled the Guest Additions and I'm now able to copy/paste a line of text either way between Kwrite in the guest and medit in the host, and the other features still work. I haven't been able to copy a FILE from one and paste it in the other: All I get is a file containing the name of the file I tried to copy over, but no data; however, I can copy the text from a text editor in one directly to the file manager in the other and create a file containing the data. Or I could copy the text from an editor in one and paste it in a text editor in the other and save the file, so I can copy a file either way. But it obviously would be better if I could copy over the file directly.

I've added PCLOS 2009 as a guest, with the Guest Additions installed, and everything seems to work OK.

So, I guess there was something wrong with my first install of the Guest Additions in the Mepis guest.

In faith, Dave
Viva Texas
dpeirce

Post by dpeirce »

Some progress: Using the Antix-M8 host, my Mepis 8 and PCLOS 2009 guests now both operate correctly with the Guest Additions installed. However, the Additions appear to be crippled in an Antix-M8 GUEST on the Antix-M8 host. This is the information I have:

I've reinstalled both the Antix-M8 guest and the Guest Additions. The reinstalled guest has been fully upgraded; I installed DKMS and the kernel headers (2.6.27-1-mepis-smp), and then the Additions. I commented out all the Modes lines in /etc/X11/xorg.conf. On rebooting the guest, I noticed terminal messages regarding modules for copying, resizing, and something else. However, after booting, it is still crippled. The cursor is released, but it won't resize by dragging the window's corner and it won't copy/paste text in either direction.

In my Mepis 8 guest, there are three .pid files in /home/dave: vboxclient-autoresize/clipboard/seamless. These three files are absent from the Antix-M8 guest. I don't know if that's significant or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

In faith, Dave
Viva Texas
Perryg
Site Moderator

Post by Perryg »

On the machine that is not functioning correctly please post the vboxadd-install.log, usually found in /var/logs/ Please be sure to place this in the code blocks so it will be easier to read.
dpeirce

Post by dpeirce »

OK, here's the log:

Code: Select all

Installing VirtualBox 2.2.2 Guest Additions, built Mon Apr 27 20:21:11 CEST 2009

Testing the setup of the guest system

Building test kernel module vboxadd_test...

make KBUILD_VERBOSE=1 -C /lib/modules/2.6.27-1-mepis-smp/build SUBDIRS=/var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test SRCROOT=/var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test modules
test -e include/linux/autoconf.h -a -e include/config/auto.conf || (		\
	echo;								\
	echo "  ERROR: Kernel configuration is invalid.";		\
	echo "         include/linux/autoconf.h or include/config/auto.conf are missing.";	\
	echo "         Run 'make oldconfig && make prepare' on kernel src to fix it.";	\
	echo;								\
	/bin/false)
mkdir -p /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test/.tmp_versions ; rm -f /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test/.tmp_versions/*
make -f scripts/Makefile.build obj=/var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test
   gcc-4.1 -Wp,-MD,/var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test/.test.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.1.3/include -D__KERNEL__ -Iinclude  -I/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.27-1-mepis-smp/arch/x86/include -include include/linux/autoconf.h -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Os -m32 -msoft-float -mregparm=3 -freg-struct-return -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2  -march=i686 -mtune=generic -ffreestanding -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -Iinclude/asm-x86/mach-default   -fno-stack-protector -fomit-frame-pointer -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -fwrapv   -I/lib/modules/2.6.27-1-mepis-smp/build/include  -I/var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test/ -I/var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test/include -I/var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -D_X86_ -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBGL_VBOXGUEST -DVBGL_HGCM -DVBOX_WITH_HGCM   -DMODULE -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(test)"  -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(vboxadd_test)" -c -o /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test/test.o /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test/test.c
  ld -m elf_i386   -r -o /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test/vboxadd_test.o /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test/test.o 
(cat /dev/null;   echo kernel//var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test/vboxadd_test.ko;) > /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test/modules.order
  Building modules, stage 2.
make -f /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.27-1-mepis-smp/scripts/Makefile.modpost
  scripts/mod/modpost   -i /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.27-1-mepis-smp/Module.symvers -I /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test/Module.symvers  -o /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test/Module.symvers -S   -w -c -s
   gcc-4.1 -Wp,-MD,/var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test/.vboxadd_test.mod.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.1.3/include -D__KERNEL__ -Iinclude  -I/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.27-1-mepis-smp/arch/x86/include -include include/linux/autoconf.h -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Os -m32 -msoft-float -mregparm=3 -freg-struct-return -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2  -march=i686 -mtune=generic -ffreestanding -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -Iinclude/asm-x86/mach-default   -fno-stack-protector -fomit-frame-pointer -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -fwrapv -I/lib/modules/2.6.27-1-mepis-smp/build/include  -I/var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test/ -I/var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test/include -I/var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -D_X86_ -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBGL_VBOXGUEST -DVBGL_HGCM -DVBOX_WITH_HGCM    -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(vboxadd_test.mod)"  -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(vboxadd_test)" -DMODULE -c -o /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test/vboxadd_test.mod.o /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test/vboxadd_test.mod.c
  ld -r -m elf_i386  --build-id -o /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test/vboxadd_test.ko /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test/vboxadd_test.o /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test/vboxadd_test.mod.o
Inserting the test module module/test/vboxadd_test.ko into the kernel.
Building test kernel module vboxadd_test_drm...

/var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm/Makefile.include.header:97: Using BUILD_TYPE='release' from the environment.
make KBUILD_VERBOSE=1 -C /lib/modules/2.6.27-1-mepis-smp/build SUBDIRS=/var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm SRCROOT=/var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm modules
test -e include/linux/autoconf.h -a -e include/config/auto.conf || (		\
	echo;								\
	echo "  ERROR: Kernel configuration is invalid.";		\
	echo "         include/linux/autoconf.h or include/config/auto.conf are missing.";	\
	echo "         Run 'make oldconfig && make prepare' on kernel src to fix it.";	\
	echo;								\
	/bin/false)
mkdir -p /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm/.tmp_versions ; rm -f /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm/.tmp_versions/*
make -f scripts/Makefile.build obj=/var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm
/var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm/Makefile.include.header:97: Using BUILD_TYPE='release' from the environment.
   gcc-4.1 -Wp,-MD,/var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm/.test_drm.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.1.3/include -D__KERNEL__ -Iinclude  -I/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.27-1-mepis-smp/arch/x86/include -include include/linux/autoconf.h -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Os -m32 -msoft-float -mregparm=3 -freg-struct-return -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2  -march=i686 -mtune=generic -ffreestanding -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -Iinclude/asm-x86/mach-default   -fno-stack-protector -fomit-frame-pointer -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -fwrapv   -I/lib/modules/2.6.27-1-mepis-smp/build/include -I/var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm/ -I/var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm/include -I/var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DVBGL_VBOXGUEST -DVBOX_WITH_HGCM -DLOG_TO_BACKDOOR -DRT_WITH_VBOX -DIN_MODULE -DIN_GUEST_R0 -DRT_ARCH_X86   -DMODULE -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(test_drm)"  -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(vboxadd_test_drm)" -c -o /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm/test_drm.o /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm/test_drm.c
  ld -m elf_i386   -r -o /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm/vboxadd_test_drm.o /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm/test_drm.o 
(cat /dev/null;   echo kernel//var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm/vboxadd_test_drm.ko;) > /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm/modules.order
  Building modules, stage 2.
make -f /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.27-1-mepis-smp/scripts/Makefile.modpost
  scripts/mod/modpost   -i /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.27-1-mepis-smp/Module.symvers -I /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm/Module.symvers  -o /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm/Module.symvers -S   -w -c -s
   gcc-4.1 -Wp,-MD,/var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm/.vboxadd_test_drm.mod.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.1.3/include -D__KERNEL__ -Iinclude  -I/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.27-1-mepis-smp/arch/x86/include -include include/linux/autoconf.h -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Os -m32 -msoft-float -mregparm=3 -freg-struct-return -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2  -march=i686 -mtune=generic -ffreestanding -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -Iinclude/asm-x86/mach-default   -fno-stack-protector -fomit-frame-pointer -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -fwrapv -I/lib/modules/2.6.27-1-mepis-smp/build/include -I/var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm/ -I/var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm/include -I/var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DVBGL_VBOXGUEST -DVBOX_WITH_HGCM -DLOG_TO_BACKDOOR -DRT_WITH_VBOX -DIN_MODULE -DIN_GUEST_R0 -DRT_ARCH_X86    -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(vboxadd_test_drm.mod)"  -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(vboxadd_test_drm)" -DMODULE -c -o /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm/vboxadd_test_drm.mod.o /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm/vboxadd_test_drm.mod.c
  ld -r -m elf_i386  --build-id -o /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm/vboxadd_test_drm.ko /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm/vboxadd_test_drm.o /var/tmp/selfgz44358909/module/test_drm/vboxadd_test_drm.mod.o
Attempt to remove old DKMS modules...
Done.

Building the VirtualBox Guest Additions kernel module.

Attempting to install using DKMS

Creating symlink /var/lib/dkms/vboxadd/2.2.2/source ->
                 /usr/src/vboxadd-2.2.2

DKMS: add Completed.

Kernel preparation unnecessary for this kernel.  Skipping...

Building module:
cleaning build area....
make KERNELRELEASE=2.6.27-1-mepis-smp -C /lib/modules/2.6.27-1-mepis-smp/build M=/var/lib/dkms/vboxadd/2.2.2/build........

Running the post_build script:
cleaning build area....

DKMS: build Completed.

vboxadd.ko:
Running module version sanity check.
 - Original module
   - No original module exists within this kernel
 - Installation
   - Installing to /lib/modules/2.6.27-1-mepis-smp/updates/dkms/

created /etc/modprobe.d/vboxadd.conf.
depmod....

DKMS: install Completed.

Building the shared folder support kernel module.

Creating symlink /var/lib/dkms/vboxvfs/2.2.2/source ->
                 /usr/src/vboxvfs-2.2.2

Running the pre_build script:

Building module:
cleaning build area....
make KERNELRELEASE=2.6.27-1-mepis-smp -C /lib/modules/2.6.27-1-mepis-smp/build M=/var/lib/dkms/vboxvfs/2.2.2/build........
cleaning build area....

vboxvfs.ko:
 - Original module
 - Installation

created /etc/modprobe.d/vboxvfs.conf.
depmod....

Building the drm support kernel module.

Creating symlink /var/lib/dkms/vboxvideo/2.2.2/source ->
                 /usr/src/vboxvideo-2.2.2

Building module:
cleaning build area....
make KERNELRELEASE=2.6.27-1-mepis-smp -C /lib/modules/2.6.27-1-mepis-smp/build M=/var/lib/dkms/vboxvideo/2.2.2/build.....
cleaning build area....

vboxvideo.ko:
 - Original module
 - Installation

created /etc/modprobe.d/vboxvideo.conf.
depmod....

Installing the Guest Additions kernel module system service.
Installing the shared folder system service.
Installing the time synchronisation system service.
Installing the VBoxControl command line interface.
Installing the X Window System user service.
install_x11_startup_app(): dest is vboxclient.desktop
install_x11_startup_app(): executing install -m 0644 vboxclient.desktop /etc/xdg/autostart/vboxclient.desktop
install_x11_startup_app(): executing install -m 0644 98vboxadd-xclient /etc/X11/Xsession.d/98vboxadd-xclient
Creating udev rule for the Guest Additions kernel module.
Installing the X Window System drivers
Installing Xorg Server 1.4 modules

Successfully completed.

I hope this will help.

In faith, Dave
Viva Texas
Perryg
Site Moderator

Post by Perryg »

I don't see a problem at this point in your Vboxadd-install.log. I see that the date that this was run was April 27th. Have you tried to run the install since then? If you do reinstall the guest additions it is very important that you watch the terminal screen very closely for any errors that VBox reports and tell us what it was.
One more log please. /var/log/Xorg.0.log
dpeirce

Post by dpeirce »

That's odd, because I reinstalled the guest and the additions yesterday, May 20, after reformatting the virtual hard drive. I checked /var/log/vboxadd-install.log and its modification date is 2009-05-20 20:53. ????

The /var/log/Xorg.0.log is

Code: Select all

X.Org X Server 1.4.2
Release Date: 11 June 2008
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux Debian (xorg-server 2:1.4.2-11)
Current Operating System: Linux dave-tower-antix-m8 2.6.27-1-mepis-smp #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Mar 28 21:24:54 EDT 2009 i686
Build Date: 20 February 2009  03:06:29AM

Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
	to make sure that you have the latest version.
Module Loader present
Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
	(++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
	(WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Wed May 20 21:01:21 2009
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
(==) ServerLayout "XFree86 Configured"
(**) |-->Screen "Screen0" (0)
(**) |   |-->Monitor "Monitor0"
(**) |   |-->Device "Card0"
(**) |-->Input Device "Keyboard0"
(**) |-->Input Device "PS/2 Mouse"
(**) Option "AllowMouseOpenFail" "true"
(==) Automatically adding devices
(==) Automatically enabling devices
(WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/truetype/arphic" does not exist.
	Entry deleted from font path.
(WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/truetype/kochi" does not exist.
(WW) The directory "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType" does not exist.
(==) Including the default font path /usr/share/fonts/X11/misc,/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic,/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/:unscaled,/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/:unscaled,/usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1,/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi,/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi,/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType.
(**) FontPath set to:
	/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi:unscaled,
	/usr/share/fonts/X11/misc:unscaled,
	/usr/share/fonts/truetype/freefont,
	/usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-bitstream-vera,
	/usr/share/fonts/X11/misc,
	/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic,
	/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/:unscaled,
	/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/:unscaled,
	/usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1,
	/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi,
	/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi,
	/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType
(==) RgbPath set to "/etc/X11/rgb"
(==) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
(**) Extension "Composite" is enabled
(II) No default mouse found, adding one
(**) |-->Input Device "<default pointer>"
(II) Open ACPI successful (/var/run/acpid.socket)
(II) Loader magic: 0x81e3800
(II) Module ABI versions:
	X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.3
	X.Org Video Driver: 2.0
	X.Org XInput driver : 2.0
	X.Org Server Extension : 0.3
	X.Org Font Renderer : 0.5
(II) Loader running on linux
(II) LoadModule: "pcidata"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules//libpcidata.so
(II) Module pcidata: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
	compiled for 1.4.2, module version = 1.0.0
	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 2.0
(++) using VT number 7

(II) PCI: PCI scan (all values are in hex)
(II) PCI: 00:00:0: chip 8086,1237 card 0000,0000 rev 02 class 06,00,00 hdr 00
(II) PCI: 00:01:0: chip 8086,7000 card 0000,0000 rev 00 class 06,01,00 hdr 80
(II) PCI: 00:01:1: chip 8086,7111 card 0000,0000 rev 01 class 01,01,8a hdr 00
(II) PCI: 00:02:0: chip 80ee,beef card 0000,0000 rev 00 class 03,00,00 hdr 00
(II) PCI: 00:03:0: chip 1022,2000 card 1022,2000 rev 40 class 02,00,00 hdr 00
(II) PCI: 00:04:0: chip 80ee,cafe card 0000,0000 rev 00 class 08,80,00 hdr 00
(II) PCI: 00:05:0: chip 8086,2415 card 8086,0000 rev 01 class 04,01,00 hdr 00
(II) PCI: 00:06:0: chip 106b,003f card 0000,0000 rev 00 class 0c,03,10 hdr 00
(II) PCI: 00:07:0: chip 8086,7113 card 0000,0000 rev 08 class 06,80,00 hdr 80
(II) PCI: 00:0b:0: chip 8086,265c card 0000,0000 rev 00 class 0c,03,20 hdr 00
(II) PCI: End of PCI scan
(II) Host-to-PCI bridge:
(II) Bus 0: bridge is at (0:0:0), (0,0,0), BCTRL: 0x0008 (VGA_EN is set)
(II) Bus 0 I/O range:
	[0] -1	0	0x00000000 - 0x0000ffff (0x10000) IX[B]
(II) Bus 0 non-prefetchable memory range:
	[0] -1	0	0x00000000 - 0xffffffff (0x0) MX[B]
(II) Bus 0 prefetchable memory range:
(II) PCI-to-ISA bridge:
(II) Bus -1: bridge is at (0:1:0), (0,-1,-1), BCTRL: 0x0008 (VGA_EN is set)
(--) PCI:*(0:2:0) unknown vendor (0x80ee) unknown chipset (0xbeef) rev 0, Mem @ 0xe0000000/25
(II) Addressable bus resource ranges are
	[1] -1	0	0x00000000 - 0x0000ffff (0x10000) IX[B]
(II) OS-reported resource ranges:
	[0] -1	0	0x00100000 - 0x3fffffff (0x3ff00000) MX[B]E(B)
	[1] -1	0	0x000f0000 - 0x000fffff (0x10000) MX[B]
	[2] -1	0	0x000c0000 - 0x000effff (0x30000) MX[B]
	[3] -1	0	0x00000000 - 0x0009ffff (0xa0000) MX[B]
	[4] -1	0	0x0000ffff - 0x0000ffff (0x1) IX[B]
	[5] -1	0	0x00000000 - 0x000000ff (0x100) IX[B]
(II) Active PCI resource ranges:
	[0] -1	0	0xf0805000 - 0xf0805fff (0x1000) MX[B]
	[1] -1	0	0xf0804000 - 0xf0804fff (0x1000) MX[B]
	[2] -1	0	0xf0800000 - 0xf0803fff (0x4000) MX[B]
	[3] -1	0	0xf0400000 - 0xf07fffff (0x400000) MX[B]
	[4] -1	0	0xf0080000 - 0xf00fffff (0x80000) MX[B]
	[5] -1	0	0xf0000000 - 0xf0000fff (0x1000) MX[B]
	[6] -1	0	0xe0000000 - 0xe1ffffff (0x2000000) MX[B](B)
	[7] -1	0	0x0000c200 - 0x0000c23f (0x40) IX[B]
	[8] -1	0	0x0000c100 - 0x0000c1ff (0x100) IX[B]
	[9] -1	0	0x0000c040 - 0x0000c05f (0x20) IX[B]
	[10] -1	0	0x0000c020 - 0x0000c03f (0x20) IX[B]
	[11] -1	0	0x0000c000 - 0x0000c00f (0x10) IX[B]
(II) Active PCI resource ranges after removing overlaps:
	[0] -1	0	0xf0805000 - 0xf0805fff (0x1000) MX[B]
	[1] -1	0	0xf0804000 - 0xf0804fff (0x1000) MX[B]
	[2] -1	0	0xf0800000 - 0xf0803fff (0x4000) MX[B]
	[3] -1	0	0xf0400000 - 0xf07fffff (0x400000) MX[B]
	[4] -1	0	0xf0080000 - 0xf00fffff (0x80000) MX[B]
	[5] -1	0	0xf0000000 - 0xf0000fff (0x1000) MX[B]
	[6] -1	0	0xe0000000 - 0xe1ffffff (0x2000000) MX[B](B)
	[7] -1	0	0x0000c200 - 0x0000c23f (0x40) IX[B]
	[8] -1	0	0x0000c100 - 0x0000c1ff (0x100) IX[B]
	[9] -1	0	0x0000c040 - 0x0000c05f (0x20) IX[B]
	[10] -1	0	0x0000c020 - 0x0000c03f (0x20) IX[B]
	[11] -1	0	0x0000c000 - 0x0000c00f (0x10) IX[B]
(II) OS-reported resource ranges after removing overlaps with PCI:
	[4] -1	0	0x0000ffff - 0x0000ffff (0x1) IX[B]
	[5] -1	0	0x00000000 - 0x000000ff (0x100) IX[B]
(II) All system resource ranges:
	[4] -1	0	0xf0805000 - 0xf0805fff (0x1000) MX[B]
	[5] -1	0	0xf0804000 - 0xf0804fff (0x1000) MX[B]
	[6] -1	0	0xf0800000 - 0xf0803fff (0x4000) MX[B]
	[7] -1	0	0xf0400000 - 0xf07fffff (0x400000) MX[B]
	[8] -1	0	0xf0080000 - 0xf00fffff (0x80000) MX[B]
	[9] -1	0	0xf0000000 - 0xf0000fff (0x1000) MX[B]
	[10] -1	0	0xe0000000 - 0xe1ffffff (0x2000000) MX[B](B)
	[11] -1	0	0x0000ffff - 0x0000ffff (0x1) IX[B]
	[12] -1	0	0x00000000 - 0x000000ff (0x100) IX[B]
	[13] -1	0	0x0000c200 - 0x0000c23f (0x40) IX[B]
	[14] -1	0	0x0000c100 - 0x0000c1ff (0x100) IX[B]
	[15] -1	0	0x0000c040 - 0x0000c05f (0x20) IX[B]
	[16] -1	0	0x0000c020 - 0x0000c03f (0x20) IX[B]
	[17] -1	0	0x0000c000 - 0x0000c00f (0x10) IX[B]
(II) "extmod" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also specified in the config file.
(II) "dbe" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also specified in the config file.
(II) "glx" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also specified in the config file.
(II) "freetype" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also specified in the config file.
(II) "record" will be loaded by default.
(II) "dri" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also specified in the config file.
(II) LoadModule: "dbe"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libdbe.so
(II) Module dbe: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
	Module class: X.Org Server Extension
	ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 0.3
(II) Loading extension DOUBLE-BUFFER
(II) LoadModule: "dri"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libdri.so
(II) Module dri: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
(II) Loading extension XFree86-DRI
(II) LoadModule: "extmod"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libextmod.so
(II) Module extmod: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
(II) Loading extension SHAPE
(II) Loading extension MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
(II) Loading extension BIG-REQUESTS
(II) Loading extension SYNC
(II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
(II) Loading extension XC-MISC
(II) Loading extension XFree86-VidModeExtension
(II) Loading extension XFree86-Misc
(II) Loading extension XFree86-DGA
(II) Loading extension DPMS
(II) Loading extension TOG-CUP
(II) Loading extension Extended-Visual-Information
(II) Loading extension XVideo
(II) Loading extension XVideo-MotionCompensation
(II) Loading extension X-Resource
(II) LoadModule: "freetype"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules//fonts/libfreetype.so
(II) Module freetype: vendor="X.Org Foundation & the After X-TT Project"
	compiled for 1.4.2, module version = 2.1.0
	Module class: X.Org Font Renderer
	ABI class: X.Org Font Renderer, version 0.5
(II) Loading font FreeType
(II) LoadModule: "glx"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libglx.so
(II) Module glx: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
(==) AIGLX enabled
(II) Loading extension GLX
(II) LoadModule: "type1"
(WW) Warning, couldn't open module type1
(II) UnloadModule: "type1"
(EE) Failed to load module "type1" (module does not exist, 0)
(II) LoadModule: "v4l"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//v4l_drv.so
(II) Module v4l: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
	compiled for 1.4.0.90, module version = 0.1.1
(II) LoadModule: "vbe"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules//libvbe.so
(II) Module vbe: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
	compiled for 1.4.2, module version = 1.1.0
(II) LoadModule: "record"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//librecord.so
(II) Module record: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
	compiled for 1.4.2, module version = 1.13.0
(II) Loading extension RECORD
(II) LoadModule: "vboxvideo"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//vboxvideo_drv.so
(II) Module vboxvideo: vendor="Sun Microsystems, Inc."
	compiled for 1.4.0, module version = 1.0.1
	Module class: X.Org Video Driver
(II) LoadModule: "kbd"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input//kbd_drv.so
(II) Module kbd: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
	compiled for 1.4.0.90, module version = 1.3.1
	Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
	ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 2.0
(II) LoadModule: "vboxmouse"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input//vboxmouse_drv.so
(II) Module vboxmouse: vendor="Sun Microsystems, Inc."
	compiled for 1.4.0, module version = 1.1.0
(II) LoadModule: "mouse"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input//mouse_drv.so
(II) Module mouse: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
	compiled for 1.4.0.90, module version = 1.3.0
(II) v4l driver for Video4Linux
(II) VBoxVideo: guest driver for VirtualBox: vbox
(II) Primary Device is: PCI 00:02:0
(--) Assigning device section with no busID to primary device
(--) Chipset vbox found
(II) resource ranges after xf86ClaimFixedResources() call:
	[11] -1	0	0x0000ffff - 0x0000ffff (0x1) IX[B]
	[12] -1	0	0x00000000 - 0x000000ff (0x100) IX[B]
	[13] -1	0	0x0000c200 - 0x0000c23f (0x40) IX[B]
	[14] -1	0	0x0000c100 - 0x0000c1ff (0x100) IX[B]
	[15] -1	0	0x0000c040 - 0x0000c05f (0x20) IX[B]
	[16] -1	0	0x0000c020 - 0x0000c03f (0x20) IX[B]
	[17] -1	0	0x0000c000 - 0x0000c00f (0x10) IX[B]
(II) resource ranges after probing:
	[11] 0	0	0x000a0000 - 0x000affff (0x10000) MS[B]
	[12] 0	0	0x000b0000 - 0x000b7fff (0x8000) MS[B]
	[13] 0	0	0x000b8000 - 0x000bffff (0x8000) MS[B]
	[14] -1	0	0x0000ffff - 0x0000ffff (0x1) IX[B]
	[15] -1	0	0x00000000 - 0x000000ff (0x100) IX[B]
	[16] -1	0	0x0000c200 - 0x0000c23f (0x40) IX[B]
	[17] -1	0	0x0000c100 - 0x0000c1ff (0x100) IX[B]
	[18] -1	0	0x0000c040 - 0x0000c05f (0x20) IX[B]
	[19] -1	0	0x0000c020 - 0x0000c03f (0x20) IX[B]
	[20] -1	0	0x0000c000 - 0x0000c00f (0x10) IX[B]
	[21] 0	0	0x000003b0 - 0x000003bb (0xc) IS[B]
	[22] 0	0	0x000003c0 - 0x000003df (0x20) IS[B]
(II) Setting vga for screen 0.
(II) VBoxVideo(0): VirtualBox guest additions video driver version 2.2.2
(II) Loading sub module "ramdac"
(II) LoadModule: "ramdac"(II) Module "ramdac" already built-in
(II) Loading sub module "vbe"
(II) LoadModule: "vbe"
(II) Reloading /usr/lib/xorg/modules//libvbe.so
(II) Loading sub module "fb"
(II) LoadModule: "fb"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules//libfb.so
(II) Module fb: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
	ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.3
(II) Loading sub module "shadowfb"
(II) LoadModule: "shadowfb"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules//libshadowfb.so
(II) Module shadowfb: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
	ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.3
(**) VBoxVideo(0): Depth 16, (--) framebuffer bpp 16
(II) VBoxVideo(0): Output VBOX1 using monitor section Monitor0
(II) VBoxVideo(0): The maximum supported resolution is currently 32000x32000
(II) VBoxVideo(0): Output VBOX1 has no monitor section
(II) VBoxVideo(0): Output VBOX1 connected
(II) VBoxVideo(0): Output VBOX1 using initial mode 1024x768
(==) VBoxVideo(0): RGB weight 565
(==) VBoxVideo(0): Default visual is TrueColor
(==) VBoxVideo(0): Using gamma correction (1.0, 1.0, 1.0)
(++) VBoxVideo(0): DPI set to (96, 96)
(II) do I need RAC?  No, I don't.
(II) resource ranges after preInit:
	[11] 0	0	0x000a0000 - 0x000affff (0x10000) MS[B]
	[12] 0	0	0x000b0000 - 0x000b7fff (0x8000) MS[B]
	[13] 0	0	0x000b8000 - 0x000bffff (0x8000) MS[B]
	[14] -1	0	0x0000ffff - 0x0000ffff (0x1) IX[B]
	[15] -1	0	0x00000000 - 0x000000ff (0x100) IX[B]
	[16] -1	0	0x0000c200 - 0x0000c23f (0x40) IX[B]
	[17] -1	0	0x0000c100 - 0x0000c1ff (0x100) IX[B]
	[18] -1	0	0x0000c040 - 0x0000c05f (0x20) IX[B]
	[19] -1	0	0x0000c020 - 0x0000c03f (0x20) IX[B]
	[20] -1	0	0x0000c000 - 0x0000c00f (0x10) IX[B]
	[21] 0	0	0x000003b0 - 0x000003bb (0xc) IS[B]
	[22] 0	0	0x000003c0 - 0x000003df (0x20) IS[B]
(II) Loading sub module "int10"
(II) LoadModule: "int10"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules//libint10.so
(II) Module int10: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
(II) VBoxVideo(0): initializing int10
(II) VBoxVideo(0): Primary V_BIOS segment is: 0xc000
(II) VBoxVideo(0): VESA BIOS detected
(II) VBoxVideo(0): VESA VBE Version 2.0
(II) VBoxVideo(0): VESA VBE Total Mem: 24576 kB
(II) VBoxVideo(0): VESA VBE OEM: VirtualBox VBE BIOS http://www.virtualbox.org/
(II) VBoxVideo(0): VESA VBE OEM Software Rev: 0.2
(II) VBoxVideo(0): VESA VBE OEM Vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
(II) VBoxVideo(0): VESA VBE OEM Product: VirtualBox VBE Adapter
(II) VBoxVideo(0): VESA VBE OEM Product Rev: Sun VirtualBox Version 2.2.2
(II) VBoxVideo(0): Splitting WC range: base: 0xe0000000, size: 0x1800000
(WW) VBoxVideo(0): Failed to set up write-combining range (0xe1000000,0x800000)
(WW) VBoxVideo(0): Failed to set up write-combining range (0xe0000000,0x1800000)
(==) VBoxVideo(0): Default visual is TrueColor
(==) VBoxVideo(0): Backing store disabled
(II) VBoxVideo(0): RandR 1.2 enabled, ignore the following RandR disabled message.
(**) Option "dpms" "true"
(**) VBoxVideo(0): DPMS enabled
(WW) VBoxVideo(0): Option "UseInternalAGPGART" is not used
(WW) VBoxVideo(0): Option "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" is not used
(WW) VBoxVideo(0): Option "DmaMode" is not used
(WW) VBoxVideo(0): Option "CursorShadow" is not used
(WW) VBoxVideo(0): Option "CursorShadowAlpha" is not used
(WW) VBoxVideo(0): Option "CursorShadowYOffset" is not used
(WW) VBoxVideo(0): Option "CursorShadowXOffset" is not used
(WW) VBoxVideo(0): Option "FlatPanelProperties" is not used
(WW) VBoxVideo(0): Option "NoLogo" is not used
(WW) VBoxVideo(0): Option "UseEDID" is not used
(WW) VBoxVideo(0): Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals" is not used
(WW) VBoxVideo(0): Option "RenderAccel" is not used
(WW) VBoxVideo(0): Option "TwinView" is not used
(WW) VBoxVideo(0): Option "SecondMonitorVendorName" is not used
(WW) VBoxVideo(0): Option "SecondMonitorModelName" is not used
(WW) VBoxVideo(0): Option "SecondMonitorHorizSync" is not used
(WW) VBoxVideo(0): Option "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" is not used
(WW) VBoxVideo(0): Option "TwinViewOrientation" is not used
(WW) VBoxVideo(0): Option "ConnectedMonitor" is not used
(II) VBoxVideo(0): The VBox video extensions are now enabled.
(--) RandR disabled
(II) Setting vga for screen 0.
(II) Initializing built-in extension MIT-SHM
(II) Initializing built-in extension XInputExtension
(II) Initializing built-in extension XTEST
(II) Initializing built-in extension XKEYBOARD
(II) Initializing built-in extension XC-APPGROUP
(II) Initializing built-in extension XAccessControlExtension
(II) Initializing built-in extension SECURITY
(II) Initializing built-in extension XINERAMA
(II) Initializing built-in extension XFIXES
(II) Initializing built-in extension XFree86-Bigfont
(II) Initializing built-in extension RENDER
(II) Initializing built-in extension RANDR
(II) Initializing built-in extension COMPOSITE
(II) Initializing built-in extension DAMAGE
(II) Initializing built-in extension XEVIE
(II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable
(II) Loading sub module "GLcore"
(II) LoadModule: "GLcore"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libGLcore.so
(II) Module GLcore: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
(II) GLX: Initialized MESA-PROXY GL provider for screen 0
(II) VBoxVideo(0): Setting screen physical size to 270 x 203
(**) Option "CoreKeyboard"
(**) Keyboard0: always reports core events
(**) Option "Protocol" "standard"
(**) Keyboard0: Protocol: standard
(**) Option "AutoRepeat" "500 30"
(**) Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
(**) Keyboard0: XkbRules: "xorg"
(**) Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
(**) Keyboard0: XkbModel: "pc105"
(**) Option "XkbLayout" "us"
(**) Keyboard0: XkbLayout: "us"
(WW) Option "XkbOptions" requires an string value
(**) Option "CustomKeycodes" "off"
(**) Keyboard0: CustomKeycodes disabled
(II) VirtualBox guest additions mouse driver version 2.2.2
(**) PS/2 Mouse: Device: "/dev/psaux"
(**) PS/2 Mouse: Protocol: "ImPS/2"
(**) Option "CorePointer"
(**) PS/2 Mouse: always reports core events
(**) Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
(**) Option "Buttons" "5"
(**) Option "Emulate3Buttons" "false"
(**) Option "Emulate3Timeout" "70"
(**) Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
(**) PS/2 Mouse: ZAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
(**) PS/2 Mouse: Buttons: 9
(EE) No Input driver matching `mouse'
(II) evaluating device (Keyboard0)
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Keyboard0" (type: KEYBOARD)
(II) evaluating device (PS/2 Mouse)
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "PS/2 Mouse" (type: MOUSE)
(**) VirtualBox Mouse Integration associated with screen 0
(II) VirtualBox mouse pointer integration available.
(II) PS/2 Mouse: ps2EnableDataReporting: succeeded
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/:unscaled, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType, removing from list!
Hope this helps.

In faith, Dave
Viva Texas