VB always aborting.

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
sitor

Post by sitor »

holvenstot,

Glad that you found a fix as well. For me this has solved the abort problems completely. Did not have a single abort anymore for the whole week (but I use the VM only during working hours).

I have posted a link to this thread on the virtualbox bugtracker website. If this holds an element that helps diagnosis, this will increase the chances that they might be able to fix this soon.

Ciao,

Sitor
vista killer

Post by vista killer »

i am in ubuntu gutsy and i use virtual box for many hours.I have only one time abort in my virtual machine. :)
jbeiter

1.5.2 out

Post by jbeiter »

Now that 1.5.2 is out, has anyone verified if the aborting problem is still there?
chriz

Post by chriz »

At least on my system 1.52 is not aborting like 1.50.
(Fedora 7 host and Windows 2000/XP guest).
spode

Post by spode »

Hi,

I was getting regular aborting, running Windows XP on Fedora 7 using version 1.4x.

I've just updated to 1.50 and all the aborting issues have been fixed. I also like how you can close the main Innotek window without closing the Virtual Boxes!

I've run VMWare and VirtualBox side by side, and not only is it a lot faster, I had some programs that just wouldn't run at ALL under VMware that work fine under VirtualBox.

Overall, very impressed - and now the aborting bug is fixed, I'm completely moved over.