Unable to get newest version of VirtualBox

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
JCfreak

Unable to get newest version of VirtualBox

Post by JCfreak »

I am running 6.1.38 on my system right now and I was having some issues going on with the system that I thought might be fixed by reinstalling a fresh install of Ubuntu Budgie 22.10, which was previously just upgraded from 22.04. One of the issues that I was having was the inability to upgrade VirtualBox. When I reinstalled Ubuntu Budgie, I went here to download the 7.0.4 build and the extension pack for it as well, and when I went to install it through the Software center, it didn't load 7.0.4, rather it just loaded 6.1.38. I have been unable to get it to update to the latest version at all. In Windows, there is a button for me to press that allows me to check for updates, but I have no way of checking for updates in my Linux version. I have been trying to figure this out for some time, but have no idea what is going on with it.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Unable to get newest version of VirtualBox

Post by scottgus1 »

FWIW there is no Ubuntu 22.10 download listed on https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads, so maybe the devs haven't put a 22.10 version out yet? Just a guess, I'm no Linux guru, and I don't know a workaround.
JCfreak

Re: Unable to get newest version of VirtualBox

Post by JCfreak »

scottgus1 wrote:FWIW there is no Ubuntu 22.10 download listed on https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads, so maybe the devs haven't put a 22.10 version out yet? Just a guess, I'm no Linux guru, and I don't know a workaround.
When looking at all the different builds for the 6.1 series, I don't even see 22.10 for any of the builds. It seems like all the builds will supposedly work with the 22.04 LTS but even when I had 22.04, I wasn't able to upgrade to the newer versions.