Can't get the microphone to work on Windows - needed for a job interview test :(

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
irsgtf

Can't get the microphone to work on Windows - needed for a job interview test :(

Post by irsgtf »

It's been a while since I've used VirutalBox for Windows but I am required to take a job interview test online and they only allow to do it on a Windows or Mac :(

So I booted my old Windows 7 install and found that the speakers and webcam work but I just cannot get the microphone to work. Could you please have a look at my log file and see if you can spot where the issue is?

Thanks so much in advance, would mean a ton if it could get sorted and I'd be able to do the test :)
Attachments
Windows 7-2022-12-05-11-58-49.log.zip
(29.36 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Can't get the microphone to work on Windows - needed for a job interview test :(

Post by scottgus1 »

I'm not sure how to get this to work, so I'm going to present a frame challenge:
Swap out the host's hard drive with another, and install Windows 7 temporarily on it. Or borrow a friend's Windows laptop. Then you can do the interview on bare metal, without possible audio glitches.
irsgtf

Re: Can't get the microphone to work on Windows - needed for a job interview test :(

Post by irsgtf »

Thanks a lot for the suggestion! In the end I rented a laptop with Windows, just to make sure that everything works during the interview...