Installation won't show all of the window

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
Gnigma23

Installation won't show all of the window

Post by Gnigma23 »

I tried to install Pop OS on my Fedora 37 machine. The install window won't let me scroll to click the 'button' at the bottom of the screen! I've changed every parameter in the display choices, and it still will not let me have access to the 'button'. I can hit 'enter' on most things, but when it gets to the disk encryption, it just will not display the whole page. It's not that big a deal, since I don't really need another OS, but It's annoying.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Installation won't show all of the window

Post by scottgus1 »

Virtualbox will open up the screen to the size the OS in the VM asks for. PopOS is probably assuming it will be installed in a computer whose screen auto-scales to the number of pixels it generates, but PopOS doesn't specifically ask for that screensize so Virtualbox doesn't know to switch to it. Other Linux distros do the same thing and have similar problems.

If PopOS, as do many Linux distros, includes a forked Guest Additions in its installer, you might be able to request a larger Virtualbox screen with the VM's View menu, Virtual Screen 1, Resize To ###.

If not, try to find a list of screenshots of the PopOS installer, then use Tab and Enter to keyboard-control the offscreen buttons.