Seamless mode not working properly

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Seamless mode not working properly

Post by scottgus1 »

abecidofugy wrote:with a Ubuntu guest (no problem with Kubuntu).
The Ubuntu guest has trouble Seamless-ing, but Kubuntu Seamlesses just fine?

If so, what are the desktop environments and X vs Wayland settings in the Linux VM OS's?
abecidofugy

Post by abecidofugy »

@scottgus1 : hi. Thanks for the question.

So, with a Kubuntu installation, with X11 as proprosed by default, I have no problem to use steamless with the latest Virtualbox (and the add-ons updated). So the DE is KDE Plasma.

With Ubuntu, installed in a another VM, and same configuration choices, when I try to pass in steamless mode, the VM "disapear", and I can not do somethings in it. So I should switch to hostkey + L again to return in windowed mode. The graphical options I have choose in guest VM has been tester with sereral widht and height. I have try to launch the VM in X11 mode too, but it do the same as in Wayland choosed by default after a fresh installation.

Regards.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Curious. OK, I'd say to post this on the Bugtracker, with a working log from Kubuntu showing going to seamless and back, and a failing-seamless try in the Ubuntu VM.

Also, please provide a zip file with the output of the 'vulkaninfo' command in the Bugtracker ticket, too. (on Debian/Ubuntu/Mint hosts, you may have to install the vulkan-tools package).
TVG

Post by TVG »

I note you're using VirtualBox 7.0.8. My package is from Ubuntu Repository. It is only version 6.1.38. Do you recommend to install it from Oracle’s repository? Any risk it doesn't fit correctly with the Ubuntu distribution, Extension Pack, and/or Guest Additions? When seamless mode will be fixed, I hope I won't have to wait for the Ubuntu Repository to update to the operative VirtualBox version.