version availability 6.1.34 now that 6.1.36 is available

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
lpmanjaro

version availability 6.1.34 now that 6.1.36 is available

Post by lpmanjaro »

I tried downloading 6.1.34 (For all Linux as I need a 6.1.34 virtualbox for Manjaro host) and it actually failed as it was downloading so slow. Is there another place to get a "run" copy that is faster ? ( I have extensions and guest additions for 6.1.34)
Or is the oracle site running slow because it was Saturday??
AndyCot

Re: version availability 6.1.34 now that 6.1.36 is available

Post by AndyCot »

I am getting max download speed on my 50mbit link.
lpmanjaro

Post by lpmanjaro »

My 50M bit connection gets close to 50M bit download when I run speed test and when I download from other sites. I'm in southeast PA and running Manjaro chromium. I monitor via bpytop for both tests. So it appears to me that the path to Oracle/virtualbox is the problem for me, and not you. Any other thoughts ? Like where are you ?
lpmanjaro

Post by lpmanjaro »

Interesting experiment: I tried downloading any of the other choices of Linux'es and found that they DO download at full speed, its just the "all distributions" that runs so slow that the download times out and ends partially down. Also I retried using firefox to download and the download was successful. Firefox downloaded much slower then my max but it downloaded much faster then chromium and did not time out. So we will close this as I did get the older version of vbox.