WhatsApp on virtualBox KO

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
Virulix

WhatsApp on virtualBox KO

Post by Virulix »

Hello,

Here is my VBox release : Interface graphique de VirtualBox Version 6.1.34_Ubuntu r150636

I've installed a Windows Image in my VirtualBox.
(I've also installed an extension and followed this operational guide : https://scribles.net/using-webcam-in-vi ... dows-host/)

But when I launch WhatsApp in the Windows Image and can have messages exchanged with friends but when I try to have a video call under Windows, I got troubles.

The caller only have a Black Window whereas the callee can see the caller normally ! The caller is supposed to see the callee but it is not the case !! :(
(of course, both picked the call up)

In attached file, you can see my logs.

Thanks in advance !
Attachments
Virtual Box with WhatsApp KO.zip
(36.42 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: WhatsApp on virtualBox KO

Post by mpack »

It seems that you are still using an unsupported third party build of VirtualBox (the Ubuntu fork) despite being told in your previous topic that it was unsupported. And you still allocating more than 2 cores to the guest. To cap it all you seem to have done something to remove all tabulation from the log file, making it much harder to decipher.

The log shows a VM booting from CD, not a working OS. You need to properly install the OS and install the Guest Additions.

Please install the official release or get support on the Ubuntu forums.
Virulix

Re: WhatsApp on virtualBox KO

Post by Virulix »

Okay......I will jump to ubuntu forum I'm sure they will be able to find the solution......