VM moved from Apple to Linux does not start

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
Nachtkrabb

VM moved from Apple to Linux does not start

Post by Nachtkrabb »

Hallo folks,
please help me, I'm a newbee: since a couple of days I have my first ever Linux computer. The OS is Tuxedo, an Ubuntu derivate. VirtualBox 6.1 was preinstalled. The processor is a AMD Ryzen 7 4700U.
My old computer was a MacBook Pro with VMWare. The processor was a 2,8 GHz Quaad-Core Intel Core i7.

So I shut down Windows inside VMWare. Afterwards I copied the VMDK-file with the virtual machine to my new Linux machine.
As described on some internetsite (I am not allowed to post the title nor the site's address today), I created a new virtual machine for Windows 7 with 95GB which is the size of the old VM.
When I started the VM with VirtulBox, a blue error screen was displayed to fast to be read. I filmed it and extracted a screeshot.
Bluescreen in the guest system
Bluescreen in the guest system
Bluescreen.png (109.41 KiB) Viewed 678 times
Then it said that Windows could not be started and started with repairing. That didn't work either.
Windows Start with starting help
Windows Start with starting help
Windows-No Start-small.png (98.53 KiB) Viewed 676 times
Today I used VBoxManage to convert the VMDK-file into a VDI-file. I got the same reaction.

Inside VirtualBox, menu SYSTEM of one vm, I tried both chips PIIX3 (preselected) and ICH9. I tried paravirtualising standard (preselected) and Legacy.

Is there a basic problem with the changed processor? Can I emulate the old processor somehow?
Do you have any ideas what I can do?

Thank you for your help.
Nachtkrabb