Windows vm crashes after browser launch

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
allthumbs

Windows vm crashes after browser launch

Post by allthumbs »

I have VB running on a System 76 Onyx Pop OS system 22.04 with 11th Gen I7 and 64gb ram with 2 nvme 500gb Samsung 980 and 970. I have windows 10 pro loaded and running for the past 7 months not problems. As of yesterday I can boot up and shut down VM with out issues. I can even open quickbooks application and outlook without issues. When I open a browser (Brave, Chrome, Firefox) it takes about 30 seconds and the browser crashes by closing or I get a "Aw Snap" message and then the VM stalls and or goes into a reboot. I have looked into any Network issues but haven't found any and I have the lastest guest addon installed. Anyone seen this before and might know a fix?
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Windows vm crashes after browser launch

Post by scottgus1 »

Did a host OS kernel update happen? You may need to run the 6.1.35 test build. The newest Linux kernels aren't compatible with 6.1.34. (Note that the development snapshots 6.1.97 on the Test Builds page are also not compatible with the new kernel, only 6.1.35.)
krisofe

Post by krisofe »

whaou !....

Thank you..
when we are not alone...
I spent days to restore old .ova with W10 and I didn't understood why the 3 months ago ova made same issues with all the browser crashing...
Reinstall nvidia driver on the host, virtualbox too and I found you.

So I will just install 6.1.38 and coming back here.

Most important thing I will have to do next: restoring local outlook with .ost files because Outlook can't restart from a snapshot.
Exporting pst before doesn' work fine when mailbox larger than 20GB.
But... This is another story :(

Thank you!
Christophe FR
krisofe

Post by krisofe »

So Right!
Too stupid to have deleted my snapshots yesterday because I thank they were broken...
So just a dpkg -i since
https://download.virtualbox.org/virtual ... _amd64.deb
and everything works well now!

Nice day, Christophe