[Solved] Guru Meditation - A critical error has occured while running the virtual machine

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
fdominguez

[Solved] Guru Meditation - A critical error has occured while running the virtual machine

Post by fdominguez »

Hi,

I have a virtual machine running with Windows 10 Pro in my Ubuntu 20.04 host machine. Last time I used that virtual machine, it was running smoothly. Today, when I started it, I received this error that says that a critical error has occured while running the virtual machine.

I haven't changed anything in either my host computer or in the virtual machine settings. I'm attaching the logs for you to check.

Thank you.
Attachments
Logs.zip
(227.93 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Guru Meditation - A critical error has occured while running the virtual machine

Post by mpack »

fdominguez

Re: Guru Meditation - A critical error has occured while running the virtual machine

Post by fdominguez »

Hi,

Using the following solved the problem:

Code: Select all

VBoxManage setextradata "VM name" "VBoxInternal/RamPreAlloc" 1
Thank you!
fth0
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows 10, ...

Re: [Solved] Guru Meditation - A critical error has occured while running the virtual machine

Post by fth0 »

The RAM pre-allocation serves as a workaround, so that the VM does not crash during startup, but I'm not sure if it can serve as a permanent solution. The solution is to use VirtualBox 6.1.24 or newer (current version as of this writing is 6.1.32).