VBox 6.1.28 running Ubuntu 20.04, sometimes I can't do any input via the mouse anymore.

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
MarcoMueller

VBox 6.1.28 running Ubuntu 20.04, sometimes I can't do any input via the mouse anymore.

Post by MarcoMueller »

Hello,

Host:
Ubuntu 20.04 with kernel 5.11.0-38
Intel i7-1165G7 32GB Ram
mouse and keyboard are both on a USB hub
Window Manager: Trinity, Gnome or Plasma
Virtualbox 6.1.26 and now 6.1.28

When I use a VM, (Windows or Linux doesn't matter) then the desktop stops responding to mouse input after an unspecified amount of time. Everything else runs normally, I can also continue to make inputs via the keyboard.

I have to switch to a terminal with "Crl - Alt - F3" and terminate the virtual machines with "killall VirtualBoxVM". Then I switch back to the desktop interface and the mouse works again without problems.

Does anyone know a solution for this problem? What log files should I post here so we can isolate the problem?

Thank you very much.
Oracleiscool
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 11 22H2

Re: VBox 6.1.28 running Ubuntu 20.04, sometimes I can't do any input via the mouse anymore.

Post by Oracleiscool »

MarcoMueller:

Have a look here (just as a primer): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=103101 (I know this is not the exact issue you have, but it is close)

Bottom Line: Remove VirtualBox from Ubuntu (6.1.28), re-install same (did you get the Extension Pack also?) then obviously the Guest Additions for the Virtual Machines.

Hope this helps. :idea: