Why my email address appears on the Files folder

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
satimis

Why my email address appears on the Files folder

Post by satimis »

Hi all,

VM - Ubuntu 20.04

Start Ubuntu 20.04 VM and click "Files Folder". It shows satimisliu@gmail... on the left column (screenshot-1a)

Clicking "Other Locations" on the left column it shows satimisliu@gmail.com on the right column under "Networks" (screenshot-2a)

Clicking satimisliu@gmail.com it shows the content. I have no idea where the content comes from? (screenshot-3a)

Please advise how to fix the problem. Thanks

Regards
Attachments
screenshot-3a.png
screenshot-3a.png (106.13 KiB) Viewed 2986 times
screenshot-2a.png
screenshot-2a.png (119.94 KiB) Viewed 2986 times
screenshot-1a.png
screenshot-1a.png (109.24 KiB) Viewed 2986 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Why my email address appears on the Files folder

Post by scottgus1 »

Please right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show Log. Save the far left tab's log, zip the log file, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.

Please right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose "Show in Explorer/Finder/File Manager". In the window that opens, zip the VM's .vbox file (not the .vbox-prev file), and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab. (Please make sure all file extensions are shown, so you will be able to see the .vbox extension easier.)
satimis

Post by satimis »

scottgus1 wrote:Please right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show Log. Save the far left tab's log, zip the log file, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.

Please right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose "Show in Explorer/Finder/File Manager". In the window that opens, zip the VM's .vbox file (not the .vbox-prev file), and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab. (Please make sure all file extensions are shown, so you will be able to see the .vbox extension easier.)
Thanks for your advice.

Today it is my first time starting the VirturalBox manager to perform the steps as advised. I haven't started the VM.

Regards
Attachments
multisite03_vbox.zip
(2.03 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
multisite03-2021-09-22-00-27-27.log.zip
(34.09 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

The log and .vbox file both show proper mention of "sf_Transfer_Folder" as a Virtualbox Shared Folder. Neither log nor .vbox make any mention of your 'satimisliu' email.

The email link appears to not be caused by Virtualbox. It is probably a function of the VM's OS for logging into a cloud storage service, similar to Onedrive on Windows. If a step in the OS's installation or on making a new account asks for your email it may be this that sets up the link to the cloud storage.

Here is an interesting web-search:

ubuntu has my email in the file manager

that leads to links like this:

https://appuals.com/access-google-drive ... e-manager/

which show another possible reason for your email being there.