change icon on desktop shortcut

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
chameau
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Windows 7 pro

change icon on desktop shortcut

Post by chameau »

Hi,
I have Virtualbox 6.1 installed on Manjaro 20.1 cinnamon. I successfully visualized Windows 7 Pro. For ease I created (via Virtualbox) a desktop shortcut. The shortcut works fine, but I would like to replace the generic icon with Windows 7 icon. I looked in Virtualbox and in Manjaro for a way to change the icon, but I did not find a solution. Does anybody know how to do that? Thanks
Radchu24
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 3.1, 95, 98, NT, 2000, ME, XP, Vista, 7, 10 and Ubuntu

Re: change icon on desktop shortcut

Post by Radchu24 »

Right-click on it and choose “Properties”. You’ll then see a dialog for the shortcut, with multiple tabs. The first tab contains the icon, which is a clickable button. If you click it, then you can set another icon, but you must select “Other Icons” and then hit the Browse button. You can then navigate to where the icon is that you want. However, this only changes it for that shortcut. If you have multiple shortcuts, then you have a problem. I'm not sure if this is relevant, but i also uploaded a windows 7 logo cause why not? :lol:
Attachments
Windows7icon.zip
(109.75 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I RESPOND TO ANYONE! DON'T BULLY ANYONE!