Host alt+tab display depicts all vm choices exactly the same - how to make different?

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
MOKANMAN

Host alt+tab display depicts all vm choices exactly the same - how to make different?

Post by MOKANMAN »

I apologize for the lame subject but I couldn't come up with a better description. Also, I wasn't sure if this was really operating system specific but it seems like it might be. My VirtualBox environment is as follows:

Version - 6.12
Guest Additions in use
Host Ubuntu 18.04, 64bit, 16 GB memory total - 15.1 GB available, .9 GB used for video
Guest Ubuntu 20.04, 64bit (two of these currently both have base memory of 3072MB)
Guest Windows XP 32, 32 bit (one of these with base memory of 512MB)

I have not provided a VM log file here as I did not believe it was pertinent.

When using alt+tab on the host to switch between windows, both of the Ubuntu 20.04 guest machines are depicted with the same graphic (icon?) and text (label?). The Windows guest is depicted differently than the other two and is not necessarily a problem as I don't see ever having more of those. I'm hoping there is a way (maybe in the guest settings?) to make the Ubuntu guests depicted uniquely as the more of these I add the more frustrating it will become. I looked in the guest settings but did not find anything obvious. I also searched online as well as in the forum and again did not find anything covering this. I apologize if there is some obvious answer I may have overlooked. I have fairly good search skills but search engines themselves have become dumber over the years (especially in regards to boolean methodology). Also, you say potato I say potawto makes searching difficult sometimes when the answer can't be found due to different ways of saying the same thing. Okay, enough excuses... can somebody point me in the right direction?